Part 112 (Hela)

Two days later, I was working on getting all the supplies necessary for the children with seidrs ready for training, when two guards approached me.

"The Allmother requests your presence in the healing suite." One said softly, clearly unaware of how exactly to handle this situation. It wasn't every day the queen requested the interm queen.

"Thank you." I hummed back, setting down a book and walking towards the guards. "Go ahead back to your posts."

"Thank you, your highness."

As I walked through the healing wing, towards the kind's suite, I felt a strange amount of panic. Immediately I took notice of Odin, who sat up in his chamber, but still looked quite exhausted, his breathing still ragged and gruff. I was unsure if this was normal or not, having never seen him rise from Odinsleep.

"Hello, Allfather." I said quietly, coming closer and kneeling down. "Can I get you something?"

He breathed out a small laugh, grabbing my hand from beside me as he fumbled slowly getting up.

"How is the realm, daughter?"

"It is well." I said with a small smile. "Loki has done wonderfully, truly."

"This is good." He smiled and nodded. "Very good."

"Should I get Frigga, Allfather?" I asked softly as he stood, holding himself up using my arm. "The guards said she had sent for me."

"She went to speak with Loki." Odin hoarsely spoke back. "Where is Thor?"

"He's on Midgard, at the moment. Do you need him?"

"I need all of you." He responded. "That must be why Frigga took Loki out of the room. He needs to go get Thor."

"Allfather? Is something wrong?"

"I can't hold her back anymore. I grow weaker as she grows stronger." He coughed. "She fights me with every breath. She will destroy the peace amongst the realms."

I aided him out of the room, only for Loki and Frigga to step towards us from the hall.

"Odin, I told you to stay put."

I gave Frigga a sympathetic smile, which she returned, knowing I wouldn't have the gaul to turn requests from the Allfather down.

She took the god from my arm, helping him walk towards their chambers.

"I need to get Thor. The ravens won't be fast enough." Loki stated as he approached me. "Odin is far too weak to take back the throne."

He didn't say it, but I knew what he was requesting. I nodded. "I'll stay put here, no worries." I said softly, kissing his cheek.

"My son!" Odin called, turning around from his path to his chambers.

"I'm going to get him." Loki sighed back to Odin.

"No, you." Odin huffed back. "When you reach your brother, I need you to tell him of her."

"Of who?" Loki asked, feigning ignorance.

Odin laughed at this, "I'm not foolish enough to think you don't know of Hela, son. I may lack your aptitude in magic, but I do know you wouldn't have left her alone." He responded, glancing at me when he said 'her'. "Tell him of your sister. Tell him I can't hold her back this day."

Loki looked almost apologetically at Odin, something I hadn't seen.

"I'll return soon with Thor, father."

With one last glance, Loki teleported to the bifrost, and I was left to go to the throne room while Frigga left with Odin.

Once I stepped in I immediately noticed the magistrates already sitting in the room, but they rose as I made my way to the throne. My breath felt hollow as I sat down, looking over the room and the men within it.