Wildly Inappropriate

We got to the dance studio and was back at pyramid. I sat down next to Brooke and Chloe. Abby looked very disappointed and angry with us.

"Phoenix was rough. You got your butts kicked." Abby said. I got flashbacks from the weekend with the group dances being in third and second. The trio got first though.

"Here in Pittsburgh, you have won everything, but it's clearly a different story when you get on a plane and fly across the country. For years, I took the kids by myself. I made sure their hair was right, I made sure the makeup was right, I put the headpiece on. All the mothers want to go now because they are reliving their childhood through all of you, and that's when the trouble happens. I am the leader, I am the teacher. You do what I say. When your mother's telling you something else to do, that becomes a conflict. Do you understand?" Abby questioned. Abby then critics Nia on how she did the following weekend. Then Chloe with the headband situation.

"Okay, the new number will be called 'Electricity.' Everybody say that." Abby instructed. We all repeated the word, but I had a little trouble saying it.

"Maddie, because you were great this weekend... you didn't give me any trouble, your mother didn't give me any trouble, you're gonna be front in the center for the beginning of the routine." Abby explained while holding Maddie's photo.

"Everybody's goal should be right here, yes? Okay, two solos will be competing. Maddie, you will be doing one of your solos, and Chloe you will be doing one of your solos." Abby stated.

"All right, everybody up. Moms, you are dismissed. Thank you." Abby said. We all stood up and I left the room. I walk to the dancers den to put on my tap shoes. A few minutes later, Noah, Hannah, and Olivia walk in. They are my best friends!

"How's filming going?" Noah said putting his own tap shoes on.

"You know the usual ALDC drama. Abby yelling at us, somebody having a costume malfunction, the normal." I shrugged while laughing.

"Oh yeah totally." Hannah nodded.

"Guys, not lying, I don't want to go to tap." Olivia groaned.

"Neither do I, but it'll be okay." I shrugged. We continued our small talk before going to tap. I had a few more small classes after that including acrobatics. Finally, I went home. On the drive home we had small talk.

"What do you think about the group dance?" Kenzie asked.

"It's interesting. I like that we are trying a more sassy jazz routine." Maddie explained.

"That's good you like it." I smiled.

*Three Days Until Competition*

We were all in the dancers den talking and playing games. We could hear footsteps inching closer to the door and we all start stretching on the floor.

"Is everybody here for the 'Electricity' competition group?" Abby asked. We all responded with a yes.

"Yes. Okay. Moms, before we rehearse, actually, Sandy is here, and she's gonna do a costume fitting, so we can get these costumes finished for today." Abby explained. Everybody started to stir in excitement. Getting new costumes is always fun!

"Excited?" Abby questioned, everybody nodded.

"Yes!" The girls exclaimed.

"Are they pretty?" Mackenzie asked.

"Yes." Abby responded.

"What color are they?" Nia asked.

"Black and turquoise." Abby said. Everybody gasped before the moms left the room to make a dramatic reveal to them.