The Beginning of The End

It's been two months or so since we won nationals at Energy. The Hylands have not been coming to the rehearsals. I feel like I have really improved with my dancing. It's now season three, upcoming, of Dance Moms. It still feels weird having most of my life going to be filmed for the public. Not seen as Melody a six year old; but Melody, Maddie and Mackenzie's younger sibling. This year I want to prove to myself; its a year for change. We were having fun showing off some of the routines that we already learned. Whenever Abby abruptly went off the wall and took two photos off of the pyramid. Since we have no pyramid, here's my prediction.

Chloe

Brooke Mackenzie

Maddie Kendall Melody Nia Paige

"I am not doing a pyramid right now." Miss Abby announced.

"I'm angry at the people that aren't here. I'm very disappointed. But I'm also angry at the people that are here. You had six group numbers. Some of you know two of them. Some of you know one of them. That's not going to be a winning number." Miss Abby stated.

"Last season, you all had two solos ready to go, before we ever started our competition season. I didn't find out that people weren't here until the choreographers called me and say, 'hey, its kinda hard to get a great number together when only two kids were there'. That makes me look bad!" Abby ranted. I start to zone out only to realize she threw our headshots away.

"This weekend we will be traveling to Denver, Colorado to attend In10sity Dance. I want you to be the first to know I'm gonna hold an audition. I'm replacing Brooke and Paige." Abby said. My face dropped, Brooke and Paige are amazing people and dancers!

"And you will be nice and wonderful and kind to whoever the two people are." Miss Abby said before walking out.

~

"What about solos?" Chloe asked.

"Chloe, you were at the top of the pyramid. You were the national winner. It's the first week out. You should be doing a solo. You should be defending that title. But I don't know if I'm gonna even do solos." Abby stated.

"Don't ask me about solos, again. I don't know what I'm doing." Abby continued.

"This is the group routine. You, you, you, and Paige were demons. And you, you, you, you, and Brooke were angels. So now, Chloe's the angel, and you're all demons. See how people not showing up affected you?" Abby asked. We started to rehearse the group routine.

~

*Three Days To Competition*

"Your solo is called 'Control'." Miss Abby said.

"It's kinda like you are taking control of yourself and your opportunities. It will showcase your improved flexibility and technique." Miss Abby stated. I nodded.

"Ok let's get started." Miss Abby said.

~

We finished rehearsing my solo and I love it! I had a stretch class with my best friends Noah, Hannah, and Olivia then I got to go home.

~

*Day of Competition*

Abby took Kenzie and I out of the group dance. She also thought to make Ally just do the group dance as a solo. We got off the bus and it was windy and rainy.

"Oh, criminy." Jill said.

"What's criminy mean?" I asked Kenzie.

"I'm not sure. It sounds like surprised or something." Kenzie shrugged. We all walk into the dressing room.