But I'm A National Champion!

"Girls get your stuff we are going to the studio." Mommy stated.

"So are we going back?" Mackenzie asked.

"The mothers wanted to meet there again, but this time with Kelly." Mommy responded. I ran back upstairs and got my dance bag.

"This should be interesting." Maddie said as we got into the car.

"Agreed." I nodded.

~

"Real dance moms are here." Christi laughed. They talked for a little bit before going in the studio. Us girls were over in the corner talking and playing a game.

"I spy something purple." I say.

"The car?" Mackenzie asked.

"No, Kenz that's blue." Brooke corrected.

"Girls come in." Christi said. Brooke and Paige stayed with Kelly while we went in with our moms. We all changed into our dance clothes before getting called in by Abby.

"Well, well, well. Here we all are again." Kelly comes in and gives Abby the contract. Brooke and Paige come and stand by the rest of the group.

"Ladies, last week, we went to a competition in Fort Wayne, Indiana. There were over a thousand people there just to see the Abby Lee Dance Company. While you all were out in the parking lot, Sophia was in here, learning. As you can clearly see, we don't have a pyramid here." Abby shrugged.

"Chloe, Nia, Maddie, Mackenzie, Melody, Kendall. You all realize with the exception of Sophia, that you are on probation. You are all on the same playing field. That's what all of you wanted. You didn't like the pyramid, moms. You want all the kids to be treated equal and that's what you got." Abby finally revealed the last photo of Sophia on the top of the 'pyramid'.

"Jackie, you're okay with your kid being a winner. I know that I can count on her, that she's a team player. And, Jackie, I watched you in the dressing room. I watched you help everybody with their hair. I watched you be kind to all of the other women and I appreciate that." Abby rambled.

"This week, we are going to Ohio. The group routine is called 'Red Carpet Special'. It's a really sassy, hot, funky number. Sophia, you are doing a solo called 'Superstar'. I think you did an outstanding job last week, and I want to see a repeat of the same thing. How many turns do you do?" Abby asked to psych us all out.

"54." Sophia squeaked.

"Why do I want somebody that can only do 53? I would prefer not to take any other solos, but I committed to this competition so we're going. My next solo will be... Chloe. It's contemporary. You are the national titleholder, and you want to keep it up? Then you have to keep winning." Abby finished. Abby started to speak to the moms before starting on the group dance.

~

"Be grateful that Sophia has come to Pittsburgh and joined our group. It's like going from mediocre to flying first class." Abby stated. Thanks Abby! Acting like she was not another teachers student, first. We start rehearsing the dance.

~

*One Day To Competition*

Sophia and Chloe rehearse their solos and I ate a snack before rehearsing the group dance.

"People that did the group dance are not good enough. So you need to step up your game or bow out gracefully." Abby explained. Abby calls for the moms to come into Studio A.

"There are two many people in this dance. We are auditioning for this routine. You're gonna play casting director. So you are looking for the best team to go out on stage and do this routine. If you're casting five-year olds, you'll be keeping Melody and Mackenzie. If you're casting the Lion King, maybe the only one you're gonna keep is Nia." Abby said. Nia looked really upset from the offensive comment.