From Ballerina's To Showgirls

Wow! Las Vegas, Nevada. Now this is going to be an interesting week. Nevada– especially Las Vegas– has huge dance competition. Most people are really good at dancing here. Also this week the first episode of Dance Moms is being released!

"Come on girls!" Mom said, grabbing ahold of my hand. We walked into our new studio for the week.

"Welcome to Las Vegas! I want to reflect on Starpower last week. Some of you did really well– however, as a whole, not so great. I brought Brandon in, I thought that would do the trick, and the dance was a mess. The competition in Las Vegas this week is Thunderstruck, and we have four days to prepare. As a group, this particular group has never not placed in the overall high scores. So you need to be flawless this week." Abby announced. After her announcement, she slowly raised her hand to reveal the first spot on the pyramid...

"Vivi-Anne. Not here. Her mother made it quite clear she was not traveling to Las Vegas, so you know what? This poor little girl is going to suffer. Her mother didn't follow the rules. Let this be a lesson to all of you, and to all of your mothers. If you don't follow the rules and you don't give me 100%, I will yank your number from the competition. Next up... Melody. You didn't last week. From what I've noticed, your movements have been stronger and sharper. That's really good. Next, Mackenzie. Honey, I am super sorry you lost your duet partner. However, I want you to practice on all of your jumps and all of your tricks, because next week you will definitely be competing— same with you Melody." Abby noted. Kenzie and I both nodded.

"Paige, your performance is good, but you're not winning and you're not placing in the overalls. And I feel that you should be placing definitely in the top ten. This is your city. You have the long legs, you have the look, yes? Because of that, Paige... you're getting a solo. Understood? Second row... Nia. Last week in Orlando, you finally won your category. I think you need to do that all the time. So, I hope that your mother now trusts me and doesn't question my every move. I've had it with that. It's what you do on stage that matters. Not the choreography, not the costuming. It's you and your technique that is gonna win the first place. It felt good to win, didn't it? Yes. This week you get another solo, and I expect you to win again. Brooke, you did a great job, but you didn't make the top three. Yes, I understand the girls were a lot older, but you can't use excuses. You should blow them away. You are doing a solo, and just like Paige this is your city. You've been talking about Cirque for years, since you were a little kid. Certainly, somebody from Cirque is going to be judging you here. So you need to step it up and make sure they know your name at the end of the competition." Abby said. I looked over at Brooke who nodded. She has been dreaming of working at Cirque du Soleil ever since she was younger.

"Now at the top of the pyramid– Chloe. Now, you're probably wondering why because Chloe didn't dance last week. I keep hearing, 'nobody can win because Maddie wins.' Well, you know what? This is your shot. Maddie, I'm giving you the week off. No new solo." Abby finished pyramid.

                                                       Chloe                                        Maddie

Brooke Nia

Paige Mackenzie Melody Vivi-Anne

"Chloe, you wanted this shot. Your mother– all I hear is it's, 'Maddie, Maddie, Maddie, Maddie, Maddie, Maddie.' Well you know what? This is your shot. Here we are in Las Vegas, and you better win. Maddie, you're going to do the group dance. You will not be performing a solo this week. Now, understand this has nothing to do with you. I want to let somebody else have a chance to win." Abby explained.

"Let's talk about the group number. Where are we again?" Abby questioned.

"Las Vegas!" We all chorused.