A Chance of a Lifetime

It was bright and early whenever Mom woke me up.

"Mel, get up. You gotta eat some breakfast before we go on the plane." Mom explained.

"Plane?" I questioned, rubbing my eyes. I looked at my alarm clock and it said 5:30.

"You gotta fly out to Cape Town. You start shooting in two days and it'll basically take us a day to fly there." Mom explained. I laid up on my bed and Mom left the room. I looked around in the dark room to see my suitcase full. I guess I was up late last night texting Noah, Hannah, and Olivia. I dragged around for a few minutes before finally making it downstairs. Unsurprisingly, Maddie and Mackenzie were not down here. They are going to be staying with the Hylands and Greg. I know I'm almost seven, but I am not traveling to South Africa by myself. I sometimes don't even order food for myself! Mom made me some pancakes and bacon.

"What time is our plane?" I asked.

"It's at 7:00. I just wanted us to be there on time, dressed and fed." Mom explained. I nodded.

"How long are we going to be staying down there?" I asked. I had about a million questions.

"I got your directors phone number and they are going to prioritize your scenes first since they know how Dance Moms is with scheduling. I say we will end up being there for at least two weeks, but it could be more." Mom shrugged. I continued to eat my breakfast. I finished eating breakfast and I went upstairs to change.

I just want to wear something casual since we'll be on the plane for so long

I just want to wear something casual since we'll be on the plane for so long. I finished changing and my clock said 5:57. I grabbed my suitcase and took it downstairs.

"Well we should probably say goodbye to your sisters. They'll be missing you a lot and vice versa." Mom said. The both of us went upstairs to go say goodbye. Maddie and Kenzie were still halfway asleep, so who knows if they even know if they know what they're saying. Mom said goodbye to Greg. We then got in a uber car to drive us to the airport. It was about twenty minute drive. We got to the airport and thankfully the process went smoothly. I spent the next while on my phone playing some games and watching YouTube.

"Good morning passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B to Cape Town, South Africa. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you." A woman announced. A few people around us left to get on the plane. Around ten minutes later our plane was ready for people to board. Our seat was in first class. If I'm going to spend 17+ hours on a plane, might as well be comfortable. Mom is sitting behind me and I'm in front of her. It's one of those one planes, so you can fall asleep. Trust me, I will be. Lots of people board the plane and a while later the flight attendant makes an announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome onboard Flight 89B with service from Pittsburgh to Cape Town. We are currently third in line for take-off and are expected to be in the air in approximately seven minutes time. We ask that you please fasten your seatbelts at this time and secure all baggage underneath your seat or in the overhead compartments. We also ask that your seats and table trays are in the upright position for take-off. Please turn off all personal electronic devices, including laptops and cell phones. Smoking is prohibited for the duration of the flight. Thank you for choosing American Airlines. Enjoy your flight." The button beeped and the intercom turned off. This isn't my first time flying, so I'm used to it. I have lots of things to keep me entertained and I'll probably watch a movie. I scrolled through the options. I decided with Teen Beach Movie. I haven't watched it and it seems interesting.