Night Of The Living Dancers

Miss Abby called us into pyramid. Same story, different week. Maddie, Kenz, and I were all on the bottom row. Three strikes! We're out!

Chloe

Nia Brooke

Paige Mackenzie Maddie Melody

"I have three solos. Brooke, Paige, and Chloe you will all will be doing solos. Maddie I was gonna give you a solo, but... I have a duet. Mackenzie and Nia you will have a duet at Energy Dance. Melody, nothing again this week." Miss Abby shrugged. At the end of pyramid Abby gave Holly the task of designing this weeks group dance costumes. Then we started stretching.

~

*Two Days To Competition*

Mommy and Maddie had a talk last night about Maddie doing a solo. Mommy wanted Maddie to talk to Miss Abby, but Maddie seemed concerned about doing one. Currently, I am in the Dancer's Den when I heard a loud bang.

"DONE!" Abby yelled.

"You don't need them for the competition. I told you to do it for today! Look at that language; doesn't that embarrass you? That she has to use language like that? That's what a truck driver uses. You're finished. Next." Miss Abby said loudly. Paige came in crying. I immediately got off my seat and gave her a hug. I felt badly for Paige.

*Competition Day*

Brooke, Paige, and Kelly were not on the bus today and they have to dance soon.

"Paige is going on 20 minutes, and she isn't here, she isn't ready, and she's not backstage." Miss Abby says as we're all in the dressing room, "She should be in here, warming up, ready to go on." Randomly Mommy and Maddie left the room. They came back and Mommy told Mackenzie and I to go outside with her. We go to the end of the hallway before starting to walk back to see Maddie talking to Abby. That explains it.

"She wants to dance! She's just-" Mommy started.

"Don't talk for her." Miss Abby snapped.

"Well, I am talking. I'm her mom." Mommy responded. Maddie started to get frustrated and a few tears slip out.

"Stop with the tears, babies cry. Mackenzie and Melody cry, not you." Miss Abby said. I look at her with my mouth open. I was very offended!

"Do you understand?" Miss Abby asked.

"Yes." Maddie nodded.

"It's my dance company. I say who's dancing, and who isn't." She finally finished. We all walked into the dressing room. I pulled Mackenzie to the side.

"Do we really cry that much?" Mackenzie asked.

"I guess." I frowned.

"It's bad she has to make us feel bad to make herself feel better." Mackenzie said and I started to laugh.

~

We go to the audience to watch the dances.

"Entry number 31-A, 'Tongue Twister', please welcome Paige. Thank you." Paige didn't walk out. They call her again and it happens again. They move on to Brooke which happened, again!

"Judges, please welcome entry 51-A, this is Chloe." Chloe walked out and she did good. Now it's time for Maddie's.

"This is Maddie performing 'In My Heart'." She was doing good until her music skipped. This cursed solo!

~

"Next up, we have Nia and Mackenzie. This is 'Circus Circus'." The two stepped out and they did wonderful and they really looked like they were having fun. The group was performed and I really liked this group dance! Personally one of my favorites!

For awards, Maddie got second and Chloe got third. The group got first, so did the duet. Another week past with nothing to do!