Camouflaged Maneuvers

Another week, meaning it's another week of filming for Dance Moms.

"Come on, girls. Let's go. Come on, let's move it. Of course, we have to talk about Bernardsville, New Jersey. Second, second, second, second. The duet was fifth. It's okay. Everybody needs knocked down a few pegs. Even you, Maddie. Such is life. So, let's talk about the group dance. You looked exquisite, but I didn't see a love story. If you want to be second, then you did a great job. If you want to win, you might have to go back to the basics. I'm not going to yell at you or scream at you or anything else. I'll just smile and be sweet and nice, and you be second." Abby explained.

"This week, we will be traveling to Minneapolis, Minnesota. We will attend In10sity Dance. We've been there before. We're going there again. So, let's move on to pyramid. First, Melody. You didn't dance last week, and you need to start taking even more classes." Abby said.

Brooke

Kendall Maddie

Paige Nia Mackenzie Melody

After Brooke was revealed to be on top of the pyramid Chloe raised her hand.

"Yes?" Miss Abby acknowledged.

"What about me?" Chloe asked.

"What about you?" Abby repeated.

"How come I'm not on the pyramid?" Chloe asked boldly.

"You're on suspension." Abby stated plainly. Chloe frowned in response.

"The name of the group routine is 'Don't Ask, Just Tell.' Now, this is a term that was used in the military, and we're going to try to tell this story onstage. I also have a few solos. The first will be Brooke. My next solo goes to Kendall. Maybe those privates out in the hallway paid off. Next, Melody. You've been the most consistent soloist this season so it's obvious. Now I only have one more solo to give. Maddie, you will be performing 'Uphill Battle.' And your battle is uphill. Don't settle for second. At this point, I'm going to dismiss you from pyramid. Please go ahead and exit the door. I would like you to sit in the den and warm up." Abby explained. We walk out and got into the den.

"What do you think they're talking about?" I asked.

"Whatever it is, something must be wrong." Maddie assumed. I shook my head in agreement, that's usually how it goes.

~

*Three Days Until Competition*

"Kenzie are you okay?" I ask looking at her. She was very hesitant about putting on her boots for the group dance.

"I'm not sure, my foot hurts." Kenzie said while pointing at her foot. At the same time Abby called us into Studio A.

"Come on, everybody! Let's go! Girls, let's go, let's go!" Abby yelled. I started walking out in front of Mackenzie. Her statement was very quiet.

"I hurt my foot..." Kenzie explained.

"You hurt your foot?" Abby questioned. Kenzie nodded and she stayed in the dancers den while we rehearsed the group dance. After rehearsal we go back into the Dancer's Den to see Mackenzie resting her foot.

"How's your foot, Mackenz?" Nia asked.

"What happened?" Chloe joined in. Mommy explained what's wrong before going into Studio A to talk to Abby. She walked back in and we go back to the group routine this time with Kenzie trying to perform in it.

*Two Days Until Competition*

Mommy took Kenzie to the hospital today, so Kelly had to drop Maddie and I off at our house.