Brooke's Turning Point

Brooke

Chloe Maddie

Mackenzie Paige Melody Kendall Nia

"Mackenzie, you're doing a routine called 'My Parade', and it's all about you, kiddo. You're gonna march out from that corner like you're the leader of the big parade." Miss Abby says, "Maddie, this week you're going to be doing a jazz routine to 'Lights, Camera, Action'. Chloe, you're going to be doing a lyrical routine to 'Don't Catch Me'.

"Chloe's so happy she's having a lyrical solo." Maddie says. I nudge her, Chloe never gets a lyrical solo, usually only contemporary, or a bird solo.

"Now, the group dance that everybody's in except Mackenzie and Melody is 'Born to Dance' and it's about a child being born. There's a little mystery into it. Brooke, you're featured in the number, but you should be the glue that's holding in together, and Maddie has been the glue that has been holding it together. You should be the most advanced one in the group, not looking around looking at what these two are doing. Understood?" Miss Abby said. Brooke nodded.

"Don't let me down." Abby emphasized. The moms and I was dismissed. I went to the dancers den to do some homework. I was working on addition.

Suddenly, my three friends burst through the door.

"Melody! Wanna play tag outside?" Noah asks, I look down at my homework.

"Sure!" We all left to play outside. The grass felt really nice and it was very nice to not be stressed with school and dance.

~

*Day of Competition*

The rest of rehearsal was filled with drama and the fact brooke wasn't going. They had to reblock the dance, thanks Gianna, so they could perform it.

"Joining us now on the stage, ages 7 and 8, number 321, 'Bigger Isn't Better'." The announcer said. Kenzie did super good and I went backstage to hug her. Next was Chloe's solo.

"Moving up to the junior category, number 322, 'Don't Catch Me'." Chloe performed excellent and I gave her a hug. I went over to Maddie and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Number 328, 'Lights, Camera, Action'," The person said. Maddie went out. She danced very well, the only probably doing a jazz solo has a less chance of winning.

~

The results were, Maddie third, Chloe first. Kenzie first in the petitie division.

~

The older girls finished their dance, they looked amazing. The Candy Apples dance, however, was very interesting.

~

"Top overall junior group... 'Born To Dance' Abby Lee Dance Company!" The person said and the girls looked so happy. We went back to the dressing room and Abby had a brilliant idea of going to Cathy's dressing room.

"Hello!" Christi sing-songed.

"All right, we just wanted to say congratulations. I-I thought you did a great job, I have no idea of what happened. Anyways, do you have the bee costume?" Abby asked.

"You mean, hold on," Cathy scoffed, "The ugly bee costume?" I held back a laugh.

"Yes-"

"I gave it to Goodwill." Cathy said.

"That was $300!" Mommy said.

"Bill me." Cathy shrugged.

"It's a memory. It's irreplaceable!" Christi said.

"Listen, disco ball, I'm not talking to you today. This is between Abby and I, so pipe down." Cathy continued.

"You need to-"

"Disco ball! By the way, Christi, Whoville called and they want your nose back." Cathy made a super low blow. Somebody tapped on my shoulder, and I left the room with the other girls.

"That was a very interesting name, 'Disco Ball'." Kenzie laughed.