Melissa Pleads The Fifth

"Come on ladies, let's go. Get in here with those fabulous tans, come on." Miss Abby said. Today I was the first person in the room.

"Wow this mother's association is dwindling down to a trio." Abby said.

"Holly's at work." Mommy responded.

"Of course." Abby faked smiled.

"On the bottom, Melody. You had the opportunity to make your entrance fabulous. Did it look fabulous? No. It looked like a random little kid I stuck in with these others. I don't want to bring dead-weight along with us, whenever you could be here at the studio practicing. For this reason, you will be a small part in the group dance."

Maddie

Paige Chloe

Brooke Mackenzie Nia Melody

"Now, each and every one of you are very lucky little girls. You have beautiful homes, you have everything you need. Some kids aren't that lucky. So, our group routine is about a homeless child. There's also going to be a solo this weekend. Maddie, you will be doing a solo. You'd better dance your heart out and dance your butt off. I have a trio. This is a new trio and I'm gonna start mixing things up. So, Chloe, you're in the trio. Maddie, you're in the trio... And Nia, you're in the trio." Miss Abby stated. Everyone clapped for Nia while she jumped up and down.

"Nia, you have a lot to prove this week. If you don't keep up with Maddie and Chloe... All right listen closely, girls and moms. I found out that we will be competing against Candy Apple in Chicago, at Company Dance. I am not going to lose to Cathy or Jill or Kendall. Okay moms, thank you. You're dismissed. Girls spread apart." Miss Abby said.

Let me explain what Abby meant by 'little part' in the group dance. First, Maddie is found they help her, Mackenzie and I go onstage with a small part before showing up into the box with Kenzie, I'm laying on her.

~

*Three Days To Competition*

Since I don't have much to do, I just have different rehearsals.

"We're free!" Noah said. Noah got back from Maine last week.

"Not that free, I still have to do my English homework." I sighed.

"Same here." Noah nodded.

"That's awful you have to do homework." Olivia frowned.

"I agree." Hannah said.

"I'm gonna go upstairs to do my homework, I'll see y'all later." I waved goodbye, I went up to Dance Jail.

~

"Why aren't you wearing your ring?" Christi asked Mommy. Oh no, this isn't going to end well.

"Cause I'm not wearing it anymore." Mommy responded.

"Why?" Christi asked.

"Just not." Mommy answered. A long silence happened before it was broken by Kelly.

"Doesn't that hurt Greg's feelings, then?" Kelly questioned.

"It's just how we're doing it." Mommy clearly felt uncomfortable by the questions.

"That's too bad. Cause it's a happy thing." Holly frowned.

"Yeah, like, I don't know why it's not-" Christi started.

"You should want to flash the ring and show it off and..." Holly continued.

"I can try it out and see if I like it, so that when I get mine made, I'll know if that's the way I want it." Kelly laughed.

"You know, once I put my engagement ring on, I don't think I ever took it off." Holly said. I kept writing my alphabet.

"Do the girls say anything about it, that you don't wear it? Do they notice it?" Holly asked. Mommy sighed before getting up.

"Melly, come on, we're leaving." She told me and I gathered my homework up and put it into my dance bag. We both went downstairs and Mommy was getting Maddie and Mackenzie.

"Abby, I'm sorry to interrupt you, but these people are starting this again! So, my kids and I are leaving, and we're not going this weekend. Come on, Maddie." Mommy said. I followed her around and we found Mackenzie.

"Come on, Kenz, we're leaving." Mommy said. Maddie and Mommy started arguing and Maddie started crying. The two finally agreed and Maddie will stay with Abby.

"Let's go Mel, Kenz." Mommy said grabbing our hands.

"What about Maddie?" Mackenzie asked.

"Don't worry about her." She responded. The three of us got into the car and we left.

~

*Day One of Competition*

The next two days were the same with rehearsal. We came back to the ALDC the day after, so Mommy could cool off. First off is Maddie's solo. Her costume looked very good with the stage lights. She did very good acting like Snow White. Next was the trio. Nia had a little bit of trouble, but she still did well.

*Day Two of Competition*

Mommy finished curling my hair. We finished and I was sitting with Kenzie in the box.

"So how should we lay?" I asked. She shrugged and I thought of something.

"Maybe like this?" I asked.

"Yeah that's good."

"Next up coming to the stage, we have entry number 84. This'll be in our junior division, 'Trapped'." The announcer said and the girls got onstage.

Halfway through the dance, Mackenzie and I did our side aerials, when we finished she did her back handspring while I ran to the box. The dance finished with Mackenzie and I in the box sharing the pink coat for 'warmth'.

~

The Candy Apples group dance was kinda scary, and really dark halfway through the routine, Taylor, broke her ankle! I felt super bad for her. Now it's time for awards.

~

'Trapped' got third. 'Whatever I want' didn't place. 'Reflections' got first. Cathy tried to give Mommy a gift and she declined and we left.