Dying To Dance

We got to the Studio and I got changed into my dance clothes. Abby then called for all of us into Studio A. I sat in between Kenzie and Vivi.

"I want to talk about this upcoming weekend. It's regionals. Everybody knows how important that is. We are going to StarPower. You know that's one of the toughest competitions out there." Abby explained. Abby revealed the pyramid.

Maddie

Chloe Melody Paige

Brooke Nia Vivi-Anne Mackenzie

I was shocked. I was on the second row!

"This is what's going to happen for this next weekend. Maddie, new solo. Brooke, new solo. Chloe, new solo. Now, the age categories are a little different. So we want to make sure that your dance reflects you as a dancer now, not the beginning of the season. We are doing a new group routine this weekend. And everybody's in it– the entire cast. It is called 'Where Have All The Children Gone?'" Abby said, pointing to everybody on the pyramid.

"This is a routine about a children who become missing. We've all seen the children's face on the milk cartons. It's contemporary, it's mature, and it is very dark. You have to be great actresses to pull it off. And they're all in white like they're angels. I don't want any discrepancies. I don't want any opinions." Abby said.

"Moms, I'm going to go ahead and dismiss you now. We have lots of work to do. Girls, up. Let's get moving, let's get moving. Come on. Let's go, let's go, let's go, let's go!" Abby said. We all get up and the moms leave the room. We started stretching. Then we go to Studio C to rehearse the group dance. Kenzie, Vivi, and I was sitting on the seats with Abby as the older girls were running through the dance. Abby then called the other girls to come over.

"Come close. Listen to me. All right, you're dancing, you're doing the steps, you're trying to listen to the words. You're not interpreting the story correctly. And this is very serious, because maybe people in the audience have had a child that's gone missing. So you're gonna touch somebody's heart. So this has to be a very serious routine. And right now you're just doing the steps, and we need to get past that and we need to perform. Do you three understand? It's very serious." Abby explained. Vivi, Kenzie, and I hesitated before nodding.

After getting dismissed I went to the Dancer's Den where I seen my best friends. Noah, Hannah, and Olivia.

"Hey guys." I said sitting down.

"Hey, Mel." The three of them responded.

"How was rehearsing?" Hannah asked.

"Boring. Kenzi, Vivi, and I only sat in there." I explained.

"Oh that's no fun. Maybe tap will be better." Olivia shrugged.

"Hopefully." I shrugged, putting on my tap shoes. The four of us have a tap class with a few other minis.

"I wished we had acro right now." Noah frowned.

"I don't. I can hardly breathe after it." Hannah shuddered. The four of us continued talking before heading to tap.

*Three Days Until Competition*

The next day we were in the Dancer's Den. All of us was talking. I was talking to Paige and Chloe. A few minutes later Abby comes in.

"Good morning, ladies. Everybody ready to go?" Abby asked. We all murmured a 'yeah.'

"This is regionals. You know how important it is. Today counts." Abby said. Maddie and Chloe then go to rehearse their solos. I hang out with Kenzie playing hide and seek. In the middle of Chloe's rehearsal Broadway Baby comes in. Kenzie and I seen in the window and ran to go pet her. We quickly pet her before leaving Studio A.