Bullets And Ballet

This week we are staying in Pittsburg! Which means... I get to perform with Hannah and Olivia with our old trio! Remember, 'Brave', yeah thats the one. I also get to do a mini group dance with Hannah, and Olivia, Madison from Florida, and another girl named Grace, from England. Noah is visiting his dad in Maine, so he won't be at the competition. I can relate to him though since his parents are divorced, I barely get to see my dad and I know nothing about him. All the girls are a year older than me, well besides Olivia. They are 6, close to 7, and I'm barely about to turn 6.

I hurry into Studio A with all the other girls and Miss Abby revealed the pyramid.

Paige

Brooke Chloe

Maddie Kendall Melody Nia Mackenzie

I don't get to do anything with the actual group since I am performing with the minis. I was dismissed at pyramid, but I immediately went into rehearsal for the group dance.

"Girls. You need the audience and judges to feel something. If not it will be,

'Oh a lyrical mini group dance, I've already seen enough of these, blah, blah, blah.' You need to show your teamwork and passion. Okay, let's go." Mrs. Taylor started.

~

The other girls left the room and Mrs. Taylor left me behind.

"Melody, your front and center most of this routine, you can't forget since everyone of those judges will be looking at you. One more thing, on the lift with Olivia, you can't be behind and you need to make sure you hold onto her, tightly. I'm only telling you this, so you can get better." She instructed, and I nodded.

"You may go." She said before I left to the dancers den.

~

*Three Days Until Competition*

I got out of Hannah, Olivia, and I's trio rehearsal. Seeing the difference in our performances we have definitely gotten better. Jill got Abby a bench and I thought our mom was the highest one for kissing Abby's butt.

*Day of Competition*

We got to the competition and I went with the other minis to their dressing room. The show is just making it seem like I'm sick or something as to why I'm not here. I change into my costume.

Olivia's mother is doing my makeup since Mommy is working with Maddie's.

"Girls, come here we should start rehearsing." Mrs. Taylor said and we all start rehearsing. We are doing the group dance first and we finally go backstage after rehearsing.

"We got this!" Grace said with her accent.

"Just gotta do the best performance of our lives." Madison agreed.

"I think we're up next." Olivia said.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two. One, two. One, two. One, two. Ahhh! One, two, three... We are Abby Lee!" We all said shaking our nerves out.

"Up next, in the mini small groups, 7 and under... 'How Does A Moment' Abby Lee Dance Company!"

We get into position walking out. Madison is the only one looking up while the rest of us are looking down.

~

Everybody clapped and we walked off.

"I think that was the best we ever performed!" I said. We got on our pink boots and our ALDC jackets before running back to the dressing room. Before I went to the minis room, I went to the junior girls.

"Melody you did so good!" Mommy hugged me. The juniors went before us and they did really good.

"I still have to do the trio." I said.

"Well you are gonna do fabulous." She responded. I gave Mommy, Maddie, and Kenzie one last hug before joining the mini dressing room again.

~

"Good job girls. We only have the trio left, so we want to make sure we do good on it. So undo the bun and put the braids in." Mrs. Taylor instructed. Madison's mom started to do my hair. We finished and I changed into the trio costume. The three of us hold hands as we walk backstage.

"Next up, a duo/trio in the mini division, age 7 and under. Number 122, 'Brave'." The announcer said and we walked out.

~

The trio was very good and now we have to just wait for awards.

"Moving on to the duo/trios. First runner up, 'Black Bird' J'adore Dance," We all hold hands, "First place, 'Brave' Abby Lee Dance Company!" The announcer said and the three of us go up stage and we bow.

"First place, in the mini small groups, 'How Does A Moment'!" The announcer said and we all went up to take a bow.

~

The group got first in jazz small group, their trio got second in intermediate, Chloe got second overall intermediate, and Maddie got first overall in junior.