Abbygeddon

We ended up going to the doctor and it's a sprained ankle. I can't dance for two to six weeks. That's great for me.

"How long is she out for?" Abby asked as I walked into pyramid.

"Two to six weeks, no dancing." Mommy responded.

"No." Abby shook her head.

"Yeah." Mommy shrugged. Now it's time for pyramid.

Maddie

Brooke Melody Nia

Chloe Mackenzie Paige

"Melody, I thought you did good on your solo. You finished it out with a hurt ankle. Not much more than that." Abby shrugged.

The group dance this weekend is Musical Theater, and the Joffrey audition is this week, so I get to miss out on that. After we had a ballet rehearsal. By 'we' I mean watching the rehearsal while having to write everything down with what it meant.

~

*Two Days To Competition*

Today was the Joffrey auditions. Nothing to do, again. Cathy and the Candy Apples were here, though. There was solo auditions, the moms arguing, and a ballet technique class.

*Competition Day*

"Next number 892, small group, open, 'Hurt Them First'." The group went onstage. Cathy's group went on immediately after and I have a feeling they might actually beat us this time. Now it's time for group awards.

"Starting out, small group open, ages nine and ten... In tenth place with a score of 286. 892 'Hurt Them First'." Tenth? We haven't got tenth before. Now I have a really bad feeling about the Candy Apples.

"Ninth place with a score of 287, 'Almost Heaven'." I never heard somebody cheer that loudly for ninth place. We go back to the dressing room and Abby started crying. Hopefully the solos will do better. Suddenly, Christi's phone rings.

"Hi, is this Christi?"

"Yes, it is."

"This is Davis Robertson from the Joffrey Ballet School, how are you doing?"

"I'm well. How are you?"

"I want to take the time to call you personally and let you know that we want to offer Chloe a scholarship for the summer. She was at top of our list for ballet." Maddie started to get upset. I have a feeling that the show is gonna make her look worse though. Now it's time to watch the solos. Chloe done her solo as the queen of hearts. Kendall did most of the same solo. What's up with Cathy trying to steal Chloe's dances?

"She's so original." Kenzie said rolling her eyes. Now it's time for Maddie's solo.

"Number 890, open, ages nine and ten, 'In My Heart'." Maddie stepped out onstage. She looked very shaky and she ended up forgetting and running offstage. Mommy set me down and I held Mackenzie's hand. Maddie was trying to talk to the stage manager.

"Abby's gonna hate me." Maddie cried. Maddie and I said the exact same thing, but this felt a lot more meaningful since Maddie is Abby's favorite.

"Abby is not going to hate you." Mommy told her.

"She's gonna hate me. I have never done this before." Maddie finished. She isn't able to do her solo again, so we go back to the dressing room. Chloe tells her that it's okay because she has done it before. Abby came in the room and Maddie hugged her with Chloe sitting right there with her head down. I walked over to Chloe and congratulated her on her performance and I gave her a hug. She responded with a light smile saying, 'thanks Mel'. The moms came in and started arguing now it's time for solo awards.

"Here come the official 2012 top ten junior solos." The announcer says, "Seventh place, please give it up for 'Queen of Hearts! Kendall, come on up." Kendall received her award before sitting down.

"Here come the official top three solos. Give it up for 307, 'If My Friends Could See Me Now'! In second place, 793, 'Want You Back', Julia! Ladies and gentlemen, our top junior soloist today. Please put your hands together for number 891, 'Red Queen', Chloe!" Chloe received her award and now we are done for this week! Abby ended up leaving without us. I bought me a bag of chips and a soda since I have nothing else to do.