How Do You Like Those Apples?

It's a new week and I hope there is a change at pyramid today. I was the first one into the door today.

"Before starting the pyramid... I want to congratulate, Melody, for becoming an official member of this team." Miss Abby said holding out my official team jacket. I walk up there and everyone claps for me.

"Okay now let's start with the bad news... Let's talk about Woodbridge, Virginia. You're a tenth-of-a-point loser. It's time to cowboy up here!" Miss Abby pointed before continuing, "The Abby Lee Dance Company is somebody to beat. They're not thrilled that they won. They're thrilled that they beat you. You need to challenge yourself. If your leg's here, find the girl in class whose leg is here, and go stand next to her at the bar. Fight for that. That's how you get better. You have to want to win more than I want it for you. Now, I want to talk about this week. We will be traveling to Ohio." We all groan. Ohio means Candy Apples.

"We might see Kendall." We groan, "And we might see Vivi-Anne." We groan again, "All I know is that the Abby Lee Dance Company will be so hot, that they will become apple pie, and your group is gonna be like the a la mode. The name of the dance is 'Land Unforgiven'. It's about territory. We are going to Cathy's territory. We're gonna stick the stake right into that beef jerky. Everybody standing before me is in the group dance. However, I'm gonna bring a few ringers in. Just like the Wicked Witch of the West. She always brings older dancers in her routines. Let's fight fire with fire." Miss Abby finally goes to the pyramid.

Melody

Maddie Chloe Paige

Nia Mackenzie Brooke

"Melody, I thought you did great. Got first on your solo and won a crown. You were in the duet that won first, I thought you had a good weekend. Before long, you're going to give Maddie a run for her money." Miss Abby said and everyone clapped. I look over to Maddie and she was staring at me wide-eyed. The moms were dismissed, we started stretching, and Auriel, Katherine, and Nina came in to rehearse. The solos this week were Chloe and Paige.

*Competition Day*

I didn't want to keep repeating myself since theres not much to say. We went to rehearsal, practiced the group dance, I hanged out with Noah, Hannah, and Olivia, and drama.

The solos were up first. Chloe got backstage before being called.

"Solo age ten, in Junior division, act number 416, 'Angry Bird'." Chloe walked out and I thought she did well, but unfortunately her earring fell out! Now it's time for Kendall's solo.

"Up next, competing for Junior Miss Nextsar, act number 442, Kendall!" Kendall walks out onstage and I don't want to be rude, but that whole solo was a mess. Kendall was scared, her music skipped, she had no confidence, and was very shaky. Now it's time for Paige's.

"Running for Junior Miss, act number 488. This is Paige with 'Tongue Twister'." Paige was announced and she started her routine... It looked different and I looked over to Kelly smiling. That explains it.

"I have a feeling Miss Abby is about to explode." I told Mackenzie. She nodded in conformation.

~

Some drama happened and we are now ready for the group routine. We all go backstage, do our handshake, and get ready.

"Next up, 'Land Unforgiven' Abby Lee Dance Company." The announcer says and we all get into position.

~

I thought the group dance was well and I was very glad we did it with the older girls who are more mature. Now it's time for awards!

"We're gonna do a top ten. In the competition for Junior Miss Nexstar." The announcer said and now we are at seventh place.

"Seventh place... 'Tongue Twister' Paige, Abby Lee Dance Company!" The announcer said and Paige got her award.

"Sixth place... 'Angry Bird' Chloe, Abby Lee Dance Company." Chloe got her award as well. No Kendall. It got to first place and she ended up not placing.

~

"Nexstar, nine-to-eleven, small groups. Here are the top five." The announcer says, "Fifth place, 404A, 'Land Unforgiven'." Never in my life I would expect the Abby Lee Miller to be happy about fifth, but we beat Cathy!