Everyone's Replaceable

It is now the next dance season! I forgot to talk about this, but we did a video with a singer named, 'Lux'. Chloe got the lead in the video! I also started kindergarten about two months ago.

"Now, first of all, you're national champions. It was a great competition in Starbound at Lake Tahoe, that's something to be very proud of." Miss Abby tells all of us, "Then we got to LA, we did a video. People know who you are now from watching that video. But you're a target. When you walk in, it's gonna be all about beating the Abby Lee Dance Company." Miss Abby said. Lux isn't actually famous, the show just made it seem like she is. Obviously, we also couldn't just say the show was the thing that made people recognize us because it's supposed to be reality t.v. and it 'shouldn't affect our lives'.

"We all know Cathy's not here because Cathy wasn't a team player." Miss Abby says, "Where did that get Vivi-Anne? Nowhere. I'm gonna have an open audition; a casting call for a new dancer for the Abby Lee Dance Company. Tell everybody you know that we're looking for a new girl in this group. Maybe two new girls, everyone's replaceable, are you next?"

"On the bottom of the pyramid... Melody." Abby revealed.

"In most competitions, you are now able to be judged. You'll be in the six and under category, for the most part. I expect you to dance more and I expect you to win." Miss Abby said and I nodded. Abby kept going over why the placements for some of the girls.

Maddie

Chloe Nia

Paige Brooke Mackenzie Melody

"Maddie, Chloe, and Nia, you're going to be doing solos." Miss Abby announces, "Now, Maddie, it's not gonna be an easy win. It's nine and up, and you're on the young side of the age." I look over to Maddie, she didn't look that nervous at all, "This weekend we will be attending Dance Troupes in Greensboro, North Carolina and we're gonna do a new number called 'Sassy Dolls'. We have one week to the competition, and we don't have a routine yet. We're starting from scratch right now. This is gonna be crazy, all right?"

We started rehearsing the group routine. Mackenzie was in the box and I was posing next to it, like the display doll, not the actual doll.

*Audition Day*

Today is the day a new girl will be joining our team. Unfortunately, I am still not on the team, yet, so I guess not only is Vivi replaced, I am too.

"What if Abby chooses a boy?" Mackenzie asked.

"He better be cute, if she chooses one." Maddie agreed.

"Like Zach Efron!" They both said. I just shrugged, High School Musical came out the year I was born, so I wouldn't understand.

~

Gianna called us to go into Studio A. Abby lined us up next to each other by height. I was at the bottom of the line with Mackenzie. Abby told us to go on the side.

"You know that we're looking for a new girl for this team." Miss Abby starts, "230, 201, 479, step forward." Three out of four girls step forward, and the one left behind was Payton.

"Payton, you know I love you, you're just not right for this particular competition team." Miss Abby tells Payton, "So I have to let you go." Payton looked very disappointed and she walked out of the room.

"201, 479, step forward." The two girls stepped forward

"Whew! Relived", They both nodded, "Sadly, I have to let you go... 230, congratulations!" We all run and hug her. Her mom and the other moms come down from Dance Jail.

"This is a legacy you're joining." Miss Abby said, "She is now one of Abby's kids. This is a tight knit group, and I'm not going tell you that this is easy. You're in probation for the first several weeks, and, mom, there's a competition this weekend. She has three days to prepare." Miss Abby instructed.

*Two Days Until Competition*

I was doing some schoolwork in Dance Jail. Being in kindergarten, competitions every weekend, and a reality t.v. show is a lot.

"How about our new BFF Jill? Is she coming?" Christi asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure she will be here." Mommy responded. I was trying to write my numbers and letters.

"She's probably gonna be here with a big gift for Abby." Christi said and Kelly laughed.

"I think she's very nice." Mommy says, "And I- I don't know her, so I'm kind of-"

"You always thought that Cathy was nice." Christi interrupts, "So what's your judge of character?" I finally finished the worksheet. I had a mini group dance rehearsal, and a group dance rehearsal. The next day was kinda the same thing.

*Competition Day*

The bus ride was super fun. Kendall and Jill did give Abby a present. I sat next to Brooke on the trip. Currently, Maddie was going to go on for her solo.

"Now we'd like to welcome to the stage, contestant number 65. Please welcome, Maddie!" The announcer said.

~

We all cheer as she went offstage. Maddie's solo was very pretty and interesting.

"Up next, we have contestant 81, Kendall." The announcer said.

~

She did very well and now it's time for Chloe's solo.

"Up next, contestant 84. Please welcome Chloe." Chloe walked out onstage and performed the musical theater piece. Right after her Nia performed her solo. Awards happened, Chloe got first in Junior solo and won Regional Junior Miss DTI Star Performer 2011. Kendall won first in the primary division. Maddie got first in Pre-Junior solo. Finally, Nia got fourth in Junior solo.

~

We went to the dressing room to get ready for the group dance. Both Mackenzie and I had pigtails in our hair.

"Next up, we have a set 189, the performance of 'Sassy Dolls'." We all walked out and started our pose.

~

Awards for the groups were coming up. Fifth place. Not us. Fourth place. Also, not us. Third place. Not us, again. Second. Thankfully, we didn't get second.

"Rounding out the junior groups. First place. Number 189! 'Sassy Dolls'!" The announcer said. We all went up to get the medals. We went back to the green room and Abby was not pleased, and Kelly and her started arguing. Great start to the season.