She's A Fighter

Another week, another day at the dance studio. For the next six weeks, we'll be on the road. I was stretching in my dance clothes and Abby came into the den.

"Okay, girls, let's go into Studio A." Abby said. We all followed her into the room.

"Last weekend we were in Providence, Rhode Island. An hour outside of Boston. Some of the most prestigious dance studios in the country are there. Tough schools, tough competitors. And you really held your own. You won that Victory Cup. You killed it. I'm very proud." Abby said. The eight of us started clapping.

"I'm very proud of every one of you. And you know I don't say that too often. I'm also very proud that all the moms kept their mouths shut and didn't say anything to me. See how much nicer it is when everything goes smoothly? It's wonderful." Abby smiled.

"Now let's talk about this week's competition. We are going to... What?" Abby asked, revealing the pyramid.

"StarPower!" We answered.

"It's at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. And it's a resort. It's all self-contained. We can't forget anything. So we will have a wardrobe for each day that they are going to be there. Just like the old school days. Yes? And you will pack here in front of me, so that I know you have everything." Abby said. I'm super excited about the resort. Swimming is a must do activity for sure.

"Let's talk about the board. First of all, everybody worked together as a team. That teamwork is going to help you at nationals. That's what's going to put you over the top. Teamwork and technique. Those are two things that we're going to concentrate on this week. Moms– we're doing another new number. One more costume." Abby revealed. We all cheered. I'm excited to see what Abby is going to come up with this week.

Maddie

Chloe Brooke Paige Nia

Melody Mackenzie Vivi-Anne

"This week I'm going to ask you to work harder than you've ever worked before. We need to show up and walk in there like we own the place. I will give you a pack list for clothes for the trip. And I want them dressed a certain way every single day that we are there. Does everyone understand that? Yes? Moms, thank you very much. Ladies, up. Let's go." Abby said. We got up and started stretching. After stretching we did a technique class. Kenzie, Vivi, and I was on the smaller bar across the room. The older girls had the bar in the main part of the room.

*Four Days Until Competition*

Mackenzie and I have a duet this week! I'm excited I actually get to dance this weekend. Unfortunately, Hannah, Olivia, and I also have a trio this weekend, so I will be competing against Kenzie and I. In my defense, she also has a duo with Vivi, so she's also technically competing against me. While Maddie was rehearsing, Kenzie and I was watching from Dance Jail. We were also playing with Clara who was going crazy.

"You know that song 'Angel' is for my mom." Mommy smiled.

"I know. Maddie was telling me." Christi responded.

"She's so excited about it. The other day I was a little freaked out, 'cause, like, I smelled her. And it was like, it was so weird. I look at her picture every day when I get my coffee. And I have her little handwriting on my cabinet, you know. And I, I don't know, I just miss her so much. I can't stand it." Mommy explained.

"You'd think like, I would pick up the phone and call them, and you're like..." Christi trailed off.

"I still do it. I sometimes say, 'Oh, I'll have to tell my mom about this,' you know. And then I'm like, 'she's not there.'" Mommy frowned.