The View From The Top

Here we are in New York. Who knows who will be the one to dance for the view. We drag our suitcases and dance stuff to a dance studio. We settled in to get ready for pyramid.

"All right. Here we are, New York City." Abby announced. We all clapped and cheered.

"Remember, if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. This week we will be attending the Masters of Dance competition. And it's gonna be tough. This is our first time showing up. We will be the underdog. And Cathy, who we thought would be in Ohio– she's here in New York City. Last time she beat you, it was bad. A perfect score. That doesn't happen too often. She wants to do it again. You gonna let it happen?" Abby said. Finally, it's time for pyramid.

"Now, let's get to pyramid. On the bottom, Mackenzie. You don't dance, there's nothing to critique. And next, Nia and Asia. That wasn't a duet. It wasn't partners working together. It was you double-timing everything, and it was you trying to keep up. And next I have Brooke. You do that side aerial to one knee... you're the first face that comes forward. You need to lock eyes with one of those judges. You need to draw them in and tell them that story. All we saw was the top of your head. And next, Paige. Paige, you didn't pull my focus. Not in a good way, not in a bad way. I think that's a good thing. And moving up, Kendall. Kendall, you've had a good run lately. This week you flew under the radar. Next, Maddie. Last week, there was eleven points between you and the next contestant. This week, there was one. You did not have your head in the game. Wake up. Last for the middle row, Melody. You won the title, you won your age group, it was good. Taking a bite out of the Big Apple is Chloe. You stayed on your music, Chloe. You remembered the choreography, you applied the corrections, you were beautiful." Abby explained.

"Thank you." Chloe responded.

Chloe

Melody Maddie Kendall

Paige Brooke Nia Asia Mackenzie

"So, this week at the Masters of Dance, everybody is in the group routine. Asia, you're certainly better onstage alone. You will be performing a solo. I have another solo going to Chloe. Maddie, you will also be doing a solo. One more solo. My last and final solo is going to Kendall. Now, Jill, you can run along up to Henri Bendel and buy me a gift. I have one more routine to give out. It's going to be a duet. This duet will be... Brooke and Melody." Abby revealed. Brooke and I looked at each other. There's a HUGE difference in age for us. Eight years in dancing is a big difference. Brooke and I gave a high-five to each other.

"We have a lot of choreography to get through. But first things first: We need to work on 'The Last Text' for The View. And, Asia, you will be doing 'The Last Text.'" Abby stated. Few people clapped.

"Thank you." Asia responded.

"Mackenzie's been in the dance since the get-go. I mean, and she's fine. You know, she hasn't been dancing and I would like her to be in it." Mom argued.

"Which– that's just it. She hasn't been dancing." Abby replied.

"Yeah, but I would like her to be in it. She's part of this team, and she's been here since she's three years old. I think you should give her a chance." Mom answered.

"Melissa, I need you to let me work. Understand?" Abby questioned.

~

"Come on, let's move over here. I want this to be on your mind first. But you know it, so we're just gonna review it. Gonna yell out some corrections. This is what we're gonna do." Abby said. We started working on 'The Last Text.' This time with Asia running it. Abby gives some corrections while we run it. After running the dance, Mackenzie was pulled over by Abby. They talked for a little bit and they came back. Mackenzie finished and walked back over.

"All right, now listen to me. This is a very important opportunity for your dance teacher. This is national television. This is The View, and I'm co-hosting it for the entire hour episode. I'm nervous. I am. I'm gonna count on you being respectful, being well-behaved, being perfect young ladies, acting like you are professional trained dancers. Understood? All right." Abby said. Abby then started working on solos. Kenzie and Mom went outside to talk about what Abby said.

~

*One Day to View, Five Days Until Competition*

We worked on this weeks group dance and Abby gave us a ton of corrections. It was really rough and there was a ton of mistakes.

"All right. That's it. Grab them. I'm done. I can't look at them anymore. I am not reviewing one step. If you come in here and do something wrong or you forgot something... Do something for yourself. The whole world does not hand you your life on a silver platter. Figure it out." Abby stormed out of the room. Now I'm super nervous for this weekend.

~

*Day of View, Four Days Until Competition*

We walk to the place for The View. I'm super excited since it's going to be on live tv. I get that I'm already on television, but this is for everybody who watches The View and not only Dance Moms. We walked into the building and go to the stage we will be performing on.

"Okay, is that good, girls? You want to check it out? Check it out." Abby instructed.

"All right, guys, places. I need you not to pay attention to anything that's going on. But to me." Abby explained. We started rehearsing 'The Last Text.' This time it was with Mackenzie. Now I'm super confused. Then Abby puts Asia to run it. Then Mackenzie. Abby needs to stop just pulling them in and out. Both Asia and Kenzie has ended up messing up. Kenzie explained what she did wrong and we rehearsed the dance again. Abby gave us some corrections as well. We finished rehearsing, so we went to go get ready. As soon as we walked through the door, I could tell it was super tense in there. The Moms were probably arguing, weren't they? Mom pulled Kenz over to talk to her. Probably about this View drama. We finish getting ready and watched Abby talk. Abby definitely seemed to be on her best behavior and trying to be very likable. Why can't she always be like this?

"All right, girls, we're ready for you." The stage manager said. We all jumped up and down out of excitement. We all gave our moms one last hug before running out backstage.

"Ready ladies?" Another stage manager asked. We all nodded.

"Okay girls. Shoulders down, line up." Abby instructed. We all fixed our posture in front of Abby.

"So, Elizabeth leads, dance performance, and then you and all the hosts will come in at the end and say goodbye." The stage manager said. The lady leaves and Abby started talking to us. Finally we're going to figure out who is going to be in the dance. However, I don't think it's smart she's deciding right before we go on.

"All right. This is my decision. You are gonna do the number. You are coming out with me at the end." Abby pointed to Kenzie then Asia. I slightly high-fived Kenzie.

"Okay." Asia nodded.

"The next time you're hurt, I go to the doctor with you. Understood?" Abby said.

"Yes." Kenzie nodded.

"Cause I think your mother is lying." Abby said before walking away. The show went to commercial break and we went out onstage. The show did the little countdown before the introduction went on.

"Here to perform 'The Last Text,' please welcome the dance troupe from the Abby Lee Dance Company." Elisabeth Hasselback announced. Then we started dancing. It went great! We finished the routine and everybody started cheering. Abby finished her little segment of saying goodbye and we left the stage. People backstage were giving us high-fives. We get back to the dressing room with the moms and they cheer. Abby then gave Kenzie a speech about how she needs to dance like Asia. Abby then explains how we need to get ready for the competition this weekend. I'm not excited for the early morning rehearsal tomorrow. TBC.