When Stars Collide

"Kenzie! We have to go!" Mommy yelled.

"Coming!" Kenzie responded. She hurriedly walked down the stairs. Today should be awkward from the fight over the weekend. Hopefully, everybody's emotions have blew over. I have more importance things on my mind. For example, my birthday is this weekend. May 15th. Maddie was fidgeting waiting to leave, and I was eating a pop tart.

"I'm ready!" Kenzie said, flipping her hair dramatically. Mommy picks me up out of my chair and carries me to the car. She buckled me up in my booster seat and we were off to dance. We got to the ALDC and I ran out of the car into the Dancers Den, muttering a good afternoon to Abby.

I change out of my street wear and into my dance wear.

"Hey Mel!" Paige said.

"Hi!" I responded. Brooke was stretching, Nia was putting on her shoes, but Chloe hadn't walked in yet. Mommy explained on the way that even though the incident with Christi should not make us upset with Chloe. Chloe had nothing to do with it and we are all friends. A few minutes later Chloe walked in. We all greeted the girl before talking about random things.

"Girls, let's go! Come on, ladies! Come on, girls, let's go! Get in here!" Abby called. We all left the Dancer's Den before going into Studio A.

"First, I'm gonna talk about this past weekend. I am very disappointed. Every single one of you could have done better in your solo. Moving on, I want to forget about last weekend. What's gonna happen this weekend?" Abby asked.

"It's the ALDC Showcase." Paige answered, pointing at the chalkboard.

"Thank you. Yes." Abby nodded.

Maddie

Brooke Nia

Chloe Paige Melody Vivi-Anne Mackenzie

"We're doing a new number, 'Sugar Daddies,' at the showcase. Maddie, you won the overall high score at the competition. Boom. Nia, forgot the solo, kept dancing, made it up, went on, finished with the music. Chloe did a great job. There were some other situations. You're here. I want to see that attitude improve on stage. Yes? You never know who's watching you. Melody, I thought you did well and you pulled off some advanced stuff for your age. However, you need to keep pushing and going." Abby explained.

"All right, I have a few surprises during the showcase. I don't want to pressure you, but in the audience, at the showcase, is going to be an agent coming to seek new talent and looking for new clients to sign." Abby announced. My face lit up. All of us started cheering in excitement. I've always wanted to be on t.v. Well... I've always wanted to act on t.v. There's the correct statement.

"Moms... you are going to be performing in the show, as well." Abby revealed. I started smiling at this. Now the moms will know how we feel going onstage and performing. None of the moms looked thrilled.

"Oh, Cathy, you're going to be the choreographer." Now that's the icing on the cake. The moms continued to not look impressed.

"You guys are in for trouble." Cathy added. This is gonna be good.

"Nationals are getting closer and closer. With every competition you get better and get stronger. So, this showcase is gonna be a nice chance to entertain rather than compete. But it is all leading up to nationals, because we want to do what?" Abby asked.

"Win!" All of us yelled.

"You got it! All right!" Abby liked our enthusiasm.

"Go ahead, you're dismissed. Guys, up. 'Sugar Daddies.' All right, let's go. Okay, okay, you're like mosquitoes. Get away, get away, get away." Abby said, motioning us away from her. I left the room going to the Dancer's Den. I'm not going to be in this group dance and I have other stuff to rehearse.