The Recital to End All Recitals

Yay, it's that time of year again! The one and only, ALDC Showcase. It's just my favorite time of the year. No stress, no drama, no arguing.

"Come on, girls! Let's go!" Miss Abby yelled.

"Starbound's national champions, congratulations! Give them a round of applause." Miss Abby announced and all of them clap.

"Overall high score small group; beating Cathy. I am very proud. Now, let me get to the pyramid. I'm gonna start at the bottom. Paige... you're injured: you're there because you didn't dance. Next, Melody. You know it, I know it, you didn't dance last weekend." Miss Abby said.

Nia

Mackenzie Brooke

Chloe Maddie Melody Paige

"Abby, Kendall deserves to be on that pyramid." Jill demanded.

"Okay, first of all, you have to understand... Kendall is here because she is replacing Paige. The minute Paige is ready to dance, Kendall's outta here." Abby responded.

"Well you could of told me that three weeks ago before we started." Jill argued.

"Why?" Miss Abby asked. Kendall started to cry.

"She wins every number you put her in, but she's not on the team. I don't know what else to do, honey. I'm sorry. Because I would not have put you through this." Jill told Kendall.

"Putting her through what? She just went a competition and won a duet! She learned something, she was fabulous!" Miss Abby said. The two kept arguing back and forth. Newsflash: We are doing a hip-hop number this week! HIP-HOP! Our studios worst class because it's basically Jazz with 'hip-hop' moves.

*Interview thing*

I would love for one day to go to L.A. and get a professional hip-hop class. Actual hip-hop sounds fun!

*Two Days To Recital*

"How many dances are you in this year?" Noah quoted himself from last year.

"Hmm. 'Light My Fire, Can Can, My Heart Will Go On, Where Have All The Children Gone, How Does A Moment, Hakuna-Matata, You Live It Up At The Ritz, Homeless, Germs, Dance Debut, First Day Of School, Bad Apples, Y2K, What's New At The Zoo, You Pledge A Sorority, and that's it." I confirmed.

"That's it? That's fifteen dances!" Hannah pointed out.

"Hannah... You're in most of those." Olivia responded and we all laughed.

"My feet hurt, I just had ballet." Noah said pointing to Studio B.

"That's fun, I had rehearsal for the 'hip-hop' number, so I got to miss it." I responded.

"Well, we should probably get ready for 'How Does A Moment' rehearsal." Hannah sighed.

"That dance isn't even that bad." Olivia responded.

"Says you! You are the one getting lifted in the dance." Noah pointed out. Before we all left the dancers den.

~

*Day Of Showcase*

Todays a rough day, already. Everyone's so stressed and nervous. We HAVE to do good in the showcase, or else. I just have two more dances left. The hip-hop number and How Does A Moment.

"Please welcome, 'Light My Fire'." Miss Abby said. This dance really yelled, 'Don't-Come-Here-If-You-Want-To-Learn-Hip-Hop.' But we did our best. Our group How Does A Moment did very well and now it's time for the ending!

 Our group How Does A Moment did very well and now it's time for the ending!

~

~

"Please welcome, Melody Zeigler!" Miss Abby said. Last year I did a spin and a bow. I continue to do it every year because it seems like I have to do it. People clapped and I stepped back in the line.

~

"We are giving cash scholarships away to further your education. And this was decided upon by the entire faculty. Our junior winner is Miss Maddie Ziegler. This will go to who the faculty feels is the most improved student the Abby Lee Dance Company for the 2012 season: Miss Nia Frazier." Miss Abby announced. I looked up to see Holly crying. I am so proud of Maddie and Nia! We had a little party outside and turns out Cathy was invited by Jill. She could steal choreography, you have to think about this! Whatever. We all had a big slumber party at the Hylands to celebrate the night and to have fun.