Maddie Has A Secret

It's my birthday this weekend. I already know Abby is gonna be tough on me this week.

Mackenzie

Maddie Chloe

Nia Brooke Paige Melody

"Melody, we are all aware it's your birthday this weekend. You'll be turning... six?" I nod, "I wanna throw you out there and see if you can pull this out. Your solo is called, 'My Heart Will Go On' and it's open, but with lots of acro. You will have a duet with Mackenzie called, 'Hakuna-Matata' it's also acro. Finally, you will be in the group dance." I nod, but on the inside I'm a nervous reck. Three dances? Brooke says something about a school dance, so she will not be joining the group this weekend. The moms were dismissed, we stretched and now it's time for the group dance.

"Step put on your right and switch hands. Lunge." Miss Abby explained. We have been working on this pose for a while now.

"Girls, I'm obviously going to replace Brooke." Miss Abby announces, "Maddie, I want you to go get Payton. Do not make a big deal out of it. Just go in and tap her on the shoulder and say 'Come with me'." Maddie leaves and comes back with Payton. We continue practicing the group dance. I get to die first... Yay...

~

"Melody, Mackenzie. This will be your first duet in a while. Both of you will be portraying lions from the lion king. Okay let's just get started. Start off in a bowing position. Not like that, Melody, you look like a fish outta water!" Miss Abby failed her arms. I think she has decided to be extra tough on me this week.

~

"Ok go take a drink of water than come back in here for your solo." Miss Abby told me and I ran upstairs to Dance Jail.

"I'm so tired!" I told Mommy.

"Did you play during recess today?" Mommy asked.

"Yes, but I didn't do much." I shake my head drinking a sip of water. I take a deep breath before going back downstairs, and started rehearsing.

*Interview*

"'My Heart Will Go On', has to be one of my favorite solos. It showcases my good qualities in my dancing!

*Studio*

We finished rehearsing my solo and I was proud of myself.

*Competition Day 1*

The next few days were spent perfecting each dance. Tomorrow Maddie is doing 'Cry' at the second part of the competition across the street, but that's just a secret. Tomorrow is the solos and today is the duet and group dance. I was almost finished getting ready whenever Abby broke the silence.

"Girls, remember what character you're playing when you step out there." Miss Abby tells us.

"You're warriors, you're survivors. So, Payton, how's the finger?" She asked.

"It's okay." Payton said.

"Okay? Can I hear a good?" Miss Abby asked. Payton frowned and shook her head.

"No, it's not good! It's not okay!" Leslie said.

"But it's her finger. It's not her knee, or her ankle, or her thigh." Miss Abby pointed out. The moms kept talking, we rehearsed, and left to go backstage.

"All right, ladies and gentleman, our next routine, 'The Huntress'." The announcer said and we walked onstage. We finished and walked off.

"I want to rip my finger off." Payton commented.