The Apple of Her Eye

I'm honestly starting to get bored of this routine I've accumulated. Go to school, dance, home, repeat x4, competition, then again.

"Come on, girls, let's go!" Abby yelled. This is going to be a rough week since we got seventh last week. We walk in and I stand in my usual spot.

"I've been trying to figure out, what does the Abby Lee Dance Company need to do to get back to first overall high score? We went all the way to Minnesota. I've never been there before. And I'm probably never going back. Our top soloist can't even win. Thank God for you, Melody." Abby praised. I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck.

"All right, now, for the pyramid. Mackenzie. I told you to stay off of your foot. I even went and got you a wheelchair so that you weren't standing on hard cement all day long, but you didn't listen. You were hopping all over the place. This week you are benched. You will not be performing." Abby announced.

"Paige. You do a good job, it's fine, but I don't want good, I don't want fine. Brooke, in the group dance you're almost lethargic. You move slow. You don't have a lot of zip, a lot of energy. Chloe. Have you learned your lesson? I hope so. Moving on up, Maddie. Second two weeks in a row. We're gonna see, do you have what it takes? Can you get past second? Next... Kendall. Jill, I used your new head shot that you gave me." Abby explained. The moms then started stirring about the new headshot, but I don't really care that much, it's literally just a photo for pyramid.

"Kendall's a pretty girl. You have the face, but you go onstage and you don't use it. Next, Melody. Four-in-a-row winning streak; keep it up. I thought your solo was beautiful. And on top of the pyramid this week... is Nia." We all clap for Nia being on top. I'm glad it was her and not me.

Nia

Melody Kendall Maddie

Chloe Brooke Paige Mackenzie

"I thought you looked great. Your face was off the charts. You were Beyonce up there." Abby complimented.

"I like that." Holly smiled.

"Nia Fierce." Christi agreed.

"Now, this week we will be attending Power House Dance Competition in Cincinnati, Ohio. The group routine is about Rosa Parks." Abby announced. Nia and Holly both looked ecstatic. Holly even gave Nia a little wink.

"She broke down barriers and she united entire races." Abby explained.

"Don't assume anything. I have no idea who will play Rosa Parks." Abby continued. My mouth hanged agape. Seriously? I'm six years old and I know that part belongs to Nia.

"Really? I'm just saying." Holly said shocked.

"Holly, what's going on with the short skirt? And your hair's in your face. I mean, come on." Abby insulted.

"I'm surprised you don't like my style." Holly replied.

"I-I-I don't." Abby grimaced. She shouldn't be really talking that much. Last year Abby paid me ten bucks to organize her jewelry. Red plastic rhinestones, blue plastic rhinestones, green plastic rhinestones.

"I don't know, I just think that an award-winning costume designer would have picked something better out." Abby explained.

"You have stylist on your resume now, too?" Holly questioned.

"Oh, I've been dressing people for years." Abby answered.

"Kendall, you will be doing a solo again this weekend. The name of your routine is 'Look At Me Now.' We're going to do some exercises about this face. My other solo will be going to Maddie. The name of your routine is 'Breaking Down Walls.' Now, remember, I gave you a lifeline, you dropped it. You had to climb up a hill, you rolled back down. We're going to see, do you have what it takes? My last solo will go to Melody. I wanna keep seeing you improve with your versatility, so your solo will be jazz. The title is called 'Strut.' And, honey, you better strut across that dance floor." Abby snapped sassily.