Stealing The Show

We walked into Studio A ready for this weeks pyramid. We had a successful weekend last week, so Abby shouldn't be upset!

"Let's talk about Starbound competition. Can we have a round of applause? Whoo-hoo!" Abby cheered. We all started clapping.

"Okay. So, Brooke, you blew them about. The people sitting around me were in awe when you did your handstand twist." Abby explained. I hugged Brooke since I was sitting right next to her.

"But why all the drama with the hip? Hmm? If you are seriously injured, you don't need to go to your mother and get everybody worked up, you come to me– and that needs to be clear, yes?" Abby questioned. Brooke nodded in return.

"I want to talk about this week's competition. We will be attending Onstage New York, right here in our hometown. We have no room to mess up." Abby explained. She then proceeded to turn around the chalkboard.

"Do you see there's somebody new on top? Yes. Brooke, you are here because of your performance. You worked through an injury, you did what you had to do, you were a team player." Abby stated. Brooke smiled from her being at top.

Brooke

Maddie Chloe

Nia Paige Mackenzie Melody Vivi

"You are getting a solo this weekend. All right, Chloe, Maddie, you are also getting solos this weekend. The bottom row, what am I supposed to do with you five? You need to step it up. You need to get your butts back into class and start working on your technique. And you know what, since we're in Pittsburgh this weekend, I'm gonna give every single one of you a solo." Abby announced. My eyes lit up and I raised my hand.

"Even me?" I asked.

"Yes, Melody, even you." Abby shook her head. I smiled and Mommy muttered that I was adorable.

"Moms, it's going to be a busy weekend. I expect them to be amazing. Do you understand? Yes? Sit up straight. Ladies, let's go." Abby said. We were dismissed and I ran out to the Dancer's Den.

~

A little bit later we returned to the Studio A. I was sitting on the floor stretching, while Maddie was rehearsing her solo, cry. Then, Paige, was rehearsing her's. After Paige, it was Brooke. Then it was Nia's turn. Then it was Mackenzie's turn. During the middle of Mackenzie's rehearsal, she started crying because she forgot the routine. After Mackenzie's turn, it was mine!

"Okay, Melody, you will be doing a cute acro lyrical routine. It's called 'You Are My Sunshine.' Now let's go." Abby explained before I started to rehearse.

*Interview*

"I really like my solo this week. I am also really happy that I get a solo like all the big girls do. Hopefully, I do good this weekend!" I say before turning my head and smiling.

~

After my solo rehearsal, I had a group rehearsal with the other minis.

"That was exhausting!" Olivia said.

"I'm just glad we're out!" I slumped down into the chair.

"True that! I heard we have to do it for the showcase next week." Noah agreed.

"The most stressful time." Hannah said.

"Can I just miss next week?" Olivia asked.

"And leave us here? Absolutely not." I laughed. The others laughed.

"Melody! We are going home." Maddie walked in. I said goodbye before leaving.

*Four Days Until Competition*