Miami Heat Wave

Just to let you know, we did a competition last week and it was Fire&Ice again. We did a group routine called, 'FANtastic' and yeah no. On the solo side though, Brooke got first, Chloe got second, and Maddie got first. Mackenzie and I get to be in the group dance again this week! It's a musical theater number.

Maddie

Brooke Chloe

Nia Paige Mackenzie Melody

Paige's foot has been hurting her and Chloe, Maddie, and her have a trio this week, so I hope she is okay.

~

"What did you think of the competition last week?" Hannah asked.

"Inappropriate. I'm just glad Holly told Abby that I was too young to be in it." I shrugged. Abby was upset at her for it though.

~

*Beach Day, One Day Until Competition*

The next few days were exactly the same with some drama with Holly and Abby. I'm just glad we got out of pittsburg with the cold weather. Us girls went with Abby to the beach.

We set down a blanket and we took off our overwear

"Now, who all watched the video of Beach Blanket Bingo?" Miss Abby asked.

"Me!" Nia said raising her hand.

"You did? Good girl. One person. You didn't watch it? Fifty pushups, fifty pushups, fifty pushups, fifty pushups, fifty pushups." Miss Abby pointed and instructed. Dang it. I'm awful at pushups!

"I told your mothers to make sure you watched the movie." Miss Abby said.

~

We finished our pushups... thankfully.

"Tell them about the movie. What other moves did they do?" Abby asked.

"They were like going like that." Nia showed off the movie.

"The pony, the swim, the jerk." Miss Abby listed.

"Are the pony, the swim, and the jerk in your number?" Miss Abby asked and we all said yes.

"So let's see, stand up." Miss Abby instructed and we performed the number.

~

"Can we go in the water?" Mackenzie asked.

"Can you go in the water?" Miss Abby repeated.

"Yes." We all said.

"Please!" Kenzie and I both said.

"How about if I pick you up and throw you in the water." Abby said walking towards us both. We ran and hid behind Maddie.

"Can we go in? Go. Go. Go!" Chloe cheered.

"I don't know how cold it is, guys." Miss Abby shrugged. That's all it took. We were all running towards the water.

We ran in and it was super cold. Paige was holding Mackenzie, while Nia was holding me. We got out of the water and started doing some tricks, for fun.

"Ow my feet!" Paige laughed. The girls all ran off leaving Kenzie and I just looking at each other.

~

*Day of Competition*

We got into the dressing room and Abby started talking about the competition.

"Remember, this is Miami. Even though these girls are on dance teams and they're here competing, they all go to dance class. You want them to go home and say, 'Oh my goodness, you can't believe those girls from Pittsburgh'." The trio was going on in a few minutes and Paige was icing her foot. I had my costume on and I had my hair finished for the group dance.

~

"Performing next, we have Abby Lee Dance." The announcer said. The costumes looked gorgeous on them. Now we have the group dance. I was hiding behind the umbrella with the other girls while Mommy and Kelly were pulling it out.

"Performing next, we have an Abby Lee dance routine." The lady said.

~

I thought we done very good in the group dance, I had so much fun with it. Now it's time for group awards!

"Moving on. Third place ensemble, 'Beach Fun' from Abby Lee." The announcer said and Mackenzie went up first and we got medals.

~

"In second place, we have the trio from Abby Lee." The three girls went to get the award.

~

Now it's time for solos!

"Maddie, please take the stage." The announcer said and Maddie walked out.

"Go baby." Mommy said. I was sitting in the middle of Mackenzie and Brooke.

Maddie finished and we all clapped.

~

"Up next, we have Chloe from Abby Lee." The announcer, announced and Chloe walked out. I really liked Chloe's costume. She did bobble on some turns, but she did do some difficult choreography on a gym floor.

"Thank you, Chloe." The announcer said.

~

"Nia, please take the stage." Nia then walked out and started her routine. It was going good until, she froze and forgot. Nia then ran off the court, crying. Maddie and Chloe immediately ran and gave her a hug. Mackenzie started to cry for Nia. I had some tears in my eyes and I wiped them away. Nia is going to do the routine again!

"Now taking the stage for a second time, Nia." Nia this time looked way more confident and she did so good!

~

Now it's time for solo awards.

"Moving on to elementary division, first through fifth grade. In third place... Nia from Abby Lee." We all clapped for her really loudly.

"In second place, Chloe from Abby Lee." Chloe walked up to get her trophy.

"And in first place elementary, Maddie!" The lady finished. Pretty successful week in Miami!