Nationals 90210

It's nationals week! I'm so excited, but not for pyramid.

"Hello everybody. In10sity dance was intense. I saw lots of mistakes, and yet, this was the week where every solo needed to strive for perfection. This was the last competition before we go to nationals. You were duly warned. We won that 2011 national title. I want to win it again. Now, this week, we are staying right here in sunny Los Angeles. But we are going to the most famous zip code-" Miss Abby started.

"90210! Sorry." Mommy gasped.

"We are going ot 90210, Beverly Hills!" We all start clapping and cheering.

"We are going to the Energy Dance National Invitational. So let's get to the pyramid. Paige, you knew you were going to be there. You forgot your dance, you have so much more talent then you're able to show. A: because of an injury. B: because you don't remember what you're doing. Next... Nia. I thought you could of been better. I need you to be just as strong at the end as the beginning. Next... I have Chloe. Chloe, you have consistently been in the top five your whole life. Sixth is not good enough for you. Same goes for you, Melody. You have never been in fifth place. I don't need that to become a reoccurring  habit." Miss Abby said.

Maddie

Mackenzie Brooke Kendall

Melody Chloe Nia Paige

"Everyone is in the group routine. And the group routine is very disturbing. And the title is, 'My Last Text'. This routine should leave the judges feeling something. Energy dance is allowing us to do four additional routines. Mackenzie, you are doing a solo this week. Maddie, you have a solo because you just won the overall. Brooke, you will be doing 'The Diary Of Anne Frank'. Paige, you do not have a solo this week. I want you to concentrate on the group dance, and I want you to remember it. Nia, Kendall, and Chloe we're gonna teach you all the same choreography. So you three, get your game faces on and remember– they're not your friends. They're your competitors." Miss Abby finished.

~

"So here's a carseat. Okay, Maddie, get in the passenger seat right there." Miss Abby pointed and we all get situated. It starts with a car crash and Mackenzie gets ejected from the car. Mackenzie does a backhandspring before dying on the ground. Then I get up next, stumbling around, do a front aerial before falling to the ground. I then crawl close to the judges reaching out for them before I die.

~

We get out of rehearsal and we run to our moms.

"Oh my gosh!"

"Never text and drive." We all repeated. The moms looked confused.

"This dance is so creepy."

We explain to the moms and they continue to look mortified.

~

*Day of Competition*

The next few days were full of rehearsing over and over again. Chloe got the solo out of Kendall and Nia. Yesterday, Cathy and her goons were spying on us. Anyways this is exciting; I have a really good feeling about nationals. Maddie is going up first.

"Please welcome to the stage entry number 9A. This is Maddie performing, 'Telling Myself'." The announcer said.

"Let's go, Maddie!" I yelled from the audience. Maddie did very well, but I feel like she couldn't connect to this piece. This piece is very mature, but I feel Maddie couldn't connect herself to this place. Next up is Justice.

"Moving on to entry number 31b. Please welcome to the stage Justice performing 'Never Surrender'." The lady said and Justice went onstage. Justin's choreography didn't look like it suit him. The story was also confusing to watch. Justin went offstage and I looked over to Mackenzie.