The Runaway Mom

It's that time of the week again where we are at pyramid. I was running in beside Mackenzie.

"Let's go, girls. Shake the lead out." Miss Abby tells us as we all enter Studio A, "Okay, now, Hollywood Vibe. Last week, you did an okay job. I thought it could have been better. Moving on, this week, we are going to Fire & Ice. Right here in Pittsburgh." We all clap, two weeks of not having to travel much!

"And I have a reputation to uphold. It's much more difficult to walk in and compete against people you know than a bunch of strangers. Okay, let's get to the pyramid." Miss Abby said before revealing the first headshot, Kendall. I gasp slightly.

"I hate to do this, but Kendall, you are back on probation." She said. Jill was furious.

"That's ridiculous, Abby! What more do you want from her?" Jill asked.

"Your head is distended. Your shoulders are hunched. Your rib cage is open." Miss Abby responded.

"Are you kidding me? You're kidding me, right?" Jill refused to belive it.

"No, she doesn't make the corrections. I have been telling her since the audition about her posture, and it has not improved once." Abby said plainly.

"I can't even believe it, you know what? You should be on probation, not my daughter. I don't even know why I'm here, you had nothing nice to say to her since the second we got here. You know what, Abby? She does a lot right." Jill argued. Mackenzie and I just looked over at each other with a, 'what do we do' look.

"She turns like a top, but that's what's good. I don't need to fix that." Abby responded.

"There's a lot of studios out there who would love what she does right, and you know what, Abby? We are going to one of those studios." Jill grabbed Kendall's hand and they left. Everyone was left in shock about the action, but Miss Abby was unfazed.

"Melody. You didn't dance last week, besides with the minis. I thought you did great in the trio and the group dance. Only a few more weeks till you will be an official member of this team." Miss Abby said and I nodded.

Nia

Maddie Chloe

Mackenzie Brooke Paige Melody Kendall

Once it was revealed Nia was on the top of the pyramid, we all ran and hugged her. She's the only one to get a solo this weekend to.

"Moving on to the group number, we are going to do a dance. It's called 'Head Over Heels'. It's about falling in love and getting married." Miss Abby announces. Oh no. Miss Abby may have heard about Mommy's engagement. Kenzie then raises her hand.

"Aren't Melody and I too young to get married?" Mackenzie asks. Everyone laughs at her comment. Finally, pyramid was almost over.

"You're gonna be dressed as brides. So, I want your dads to be at the competition, as if they are giving their daughters away. All right, you're dismissed, thank you very much." Miss Abby finished and we started stretching.

~

Currently, Kenzie, Maddie, Chloe, and I were in the dancer's den. I was finishing up some math homework, while Mackenzie was doing a pose underneath Abby's instruction.

"Three plus four isn't nine!" Chloe laughed before helping me out and showing me an easier method.

"Thanks Chlo!" I say writing down a seven.

"I heard about the engagement!" Miss Abby smiled.

"So are you gonna be in the wedding? Think I'm gonna be in the wedding?" Miss Abby asked. Maddie, Mackenzie, and I all stayed quiet. Mommy wants nobody to know about her private life. After a while of silence it was broken again.

"Chloe work on your solo. Maddie, same thing, work on your solo." The two girls left and Mackenzie was about to leave.

"I can't belive that you're not more excited about the wedding! What do you think of the ring?" Abby asked.

"Beautiful." Maddie answered before walking into Studio B.

"I love the story." Chloe added.

"What story?" Miss Abby asked.

"What no, don't say it." Maddie faded her voice off. This is a perfect time where I could go upstairs and do my homework, but Abby stopped me.

"Melody. What story? What's Chloe talking about she's a weirdo?" Abby asked me. I know the story, but I ain't saying!

"I don't know!" I smile, sweetly.

"Are you lying?" Abby questioned.

"No, I'm five! Why would I know anything?" I say and that's what causes Miss Abby to give up. I took my homework and ran to Dance Jail.

~

*Competition Day*

The days of rehearsal were mostly the same. I was able to convince Abby to let Mackenzie and I to push Broadway Baby's stroller. Broadway Baby is adorable! We got to the dressing room and I put on a subtle pink lipstick. Before we left, Kenzie and I had a little competition who could hold a chinstand longer. Let's just say she won.

"Kenz, Mel, let's go watch Nia." Mommy instructed and we left. Turns out Kendall is now with the Candy Apples for the show, she didn't actually leave the ALDC. Nia's solo was very pretty and she executed it wonderful.

"All the single girls!" Mommy said and she threw back the bouquet. Chloe and Paige started fighting for it.

"Mel why didn't you try to catch it?" Paige asked.

"I don't want to marry anyone! Boys have cooties." I shook my head.

"What about that boy you hang out with, Noah?" Maddie asked.

"Noah's nice, he doesn't have cooties." I shrugged.

"I'm sure." Maddie responded, smiling.

"Girls let's go backstage." Miss Abby instructed. I held Brooke'd hand while walking. We do our little handshake before getting ready to go on.

"From the Abby Lee Dance Company, please welcome to the stage number 201, junior group, this is 'Head Over Heels'." The person announced and we walked out. We did amazing and we all had fun with this routine. It is kinda ironic though, that ALDC did a wedding dance while CADC did a funeral number. Anyways, we are onstage waiting for awards. Unfortunately, Kendall got first while Nia didn't place.

"Finish off our junior groups, our first place overall award... And that is going to number 288, 'Head Over Heels'!" We won!