New Girl In Town

"Come on girls, let's go!" Miss Abby yelled. I opened the door racing Mackenzie inside.

"Congratulations on a successful dance concert." Miss Abby announced. We all clapped.

"All of your performances were amazing. You showed the entire city of Pittsburgh why we are ranked nationally in the country as on of the top dance studios." Miss Abby congratulated.

"Now, keep in mind– this is the road to Nationals. This is were it gets tough. Because we will be traveling to go to the iHollywood Competition." We all started clapping and getting excited.

*Interview*

I LOVE Hollywood! I can see my name there someday in lights! *Does little hand motion, waving her fingers around*

*Pyramid*

"At the bottom of the pyramid... I have Paige. You couldn't do to much with the boot. I understand that; I want it to heal. You were supposed to see a doctor at four weeks." Miss Abby stated.

"She's going this week." Kelly confirmed.

"So let's hope, Paige, that you're gonna be dancing again." Miss Abby praised and she nodded.

"Next, Brooke. Brooke, the hip-hop dance really wasn't your thing." Brooke smiled.

"I have next... Melody. I thought you did okay in the hip-hop number, it was just some of the moves looked awkward on you." Miss Abby said.

Maddie

Chloe Nia

Mackenzie Melody Brooke Paige

~

There are three solos going to the competition. Mackenzie, Chloe, and Nia are the ones performing the solos. There's also going to be an unaired trio with Maddie, Chloe, and Brooke. Everyone's in the group routine too! The mothers were dismissed and we started stretching and push-ups. I hate push-ups.

~

The group routine music is very dark and scary. Abby says we are playing people in an asylum. What's an asylum? Anyways, it's the same writer as WHATCG?

"This is quick, and quick, and quick, and step, together. You're rushing that." Miss Abby said showing us how to walk.

~

Suddenly, a girl and her mother walks in with Gia.

"Hi." Miss Abby says.

"Hi." The girl smiled.

"You're Kaya-" Miss Abby pointed.

"Kaya. This is Nicaya." Kaya introduced her daughter.

"Nicaya. Hi." Abby greeted and shook the girls hand.

"Do you want to get your shoes and your street clothes off, and I'm gonna check her out in a little bit." Nicaya nodded. We worked more on the routine before I go to tap class and got to go home!

*Two Days To Competition*

"Mom, I wonder if that girl is coming today." Kendall said as we were in the dancer's den.

"If I had to make a guess, I'd say, 'uh-huh'." Jill confirmed.

"I can't believe she has that on her shirt!" Kelly exclaimed as I stretched.

"It said... Black Patsy." Holly and the other mothers agreed.

"I'm White Christi." Christi laughed.

"You're Black Holly." Kelly and Holly laughed.

"I was just like, 'what is she talking about'?" Holly said. The door opened and we all said hi. There was little bit of tension and awkwardness in the air.

"What do you want the girls to call you?" Jill asked.

"My nickname is Nini." Nicaya said.

"That's a nice nickname." I smiled.

"I'll call you Laquifa now." Kendall said. Some of the other people laugh while I just shake my head. That's kinda rude to say. This is awkward.

"Laquifa, what?" Nia sang.

"Come on girls. Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" Abby instructed.

~

We were rehearsing the group number when Abby said.

"I don't wanna hear you feet hit the ground!" Abby said. The door opened to reveal Paige and Kelly. Paige had her boot off! Yay!

"What did the doctor say?" Abby asked.

"She got cleared. She's allowed to dance." We all run up to hug Paige, "But she's not aloud to do tricks for two more weeks. He said to do it very limited. You know, not to overwork it." Kelly said.

*Day of Competition*

Chloe, Nia, and Mackenzie went backstage for their solos. Before that, I gave her a hug.

"Please welcome to the iHollywood dance stage, this is Chloe performing to 'Glitz and Glam'." Chloe stepped onstage.

~

She tumbled on her first set of turns, but she nailed her next ones. She struggled at the beginning, but at the end she was amazing! If she had one more week she could of totally perfected that number. Next, it's Nia's solo.

"Please welcome from Abby Lee Dance Company, this is Nia performing to '20's Scat'." The announcer said.

~

I thought this is one of Nia's best solos! She did amazing and I was so proud of her. Now it's only Mackenzie left.

"Please welcome, from Abby Lee Dance Company, this is Mackenzie. She'll be performing to 'Hollywood'." Mackenzie walked out.

~

I thought Mackenzie had great energy and facials in the solo. The trio performed, as well, and they did very good.

~

"Hey, guys, I need everybody dressed, I haven't even said who is in the dance and who isn't in the dance! I haven't even spaced everyone, yet." Miss Abby yelled. The makeup looked really realistic. Mackenzie, Nicaya, Paige, and I were all dancing in the little space.

"Make the head move!" Abby demonstrated. We finished the dance and Abby said...

"We're all doing the dance. Let's go. You didn't come 3,000 miles to sit on your butt. Everybody out there, let's go." Abby confirmed.

"When we walk out of here, game faces on." Abby instructed. We go backstage, do our handshake and go onstage.

~

For awards, Mackenzie got third, Chloe got fifth, and Nia was tenth. The trio and group dance got first. I don't think Nicaya and her mom will be back next week, though. T'minus two weeks, nationals.