Rotten To The Core

"Come on ladies, let's go, let's go, let's go. All right. Last week, you walked in here and you were losers. Fourth place. Today you're winners! You walk in here like, 'Woo-Hoo, we won'. And that's all fine and dandy, but, uh, let's be realistic. You won by a tenth of a point. I don't want the Abby Lee Dance Company to be just one-tenth of a point ahead of the... who you beat. I don't want it. I want you to be thirty points ahead or twenty points ahead or ten points, or for goodness sakes, one whole point. Can we be one whole point above the next group?" Abby asked.

"Abby, do you know where Christi and Chloe are?" Kelly asked.

"I'm dealing with them. We're gonna do something a little different today. I think I'm gonna start at the top. Finally, for the first time ever, Kendall is at the top of the pyramid. '...' And next Mackenzie. Tell me what you did, because I heard you were in the audience watching, then I saw you sleeping in the dressing room. You're like dead weight coming along with us. We don't need you there. Next, Melody. You didn't dance or do really anything, so that's where you are." Abby explained.

Kendall

Maddie Nia

Paige Mackenzie Melody Chloe

Brooke looked upset over the fact she was still not on the pyramid.

"I would like to know how long it's gonna take to get Brooke back on the pyramid." Kelly said.

"Funny you should mention that." Abby said putting Brooke's photo back on the pyramid. Everyone started cheering while Brooke smiled.

"You might want to send Chloe a thank you note because her mother just bought you a spot on the pyramid. This weekend, we are going ot Star Power International Talent Competition in Detroit, Michigan. Is there a studio from Ohio going all the way to Detroit? Yes, there is. Cathy is coming back for you. Big-time." Abby noted.

"We have a group routine. Everybody's in it. I am down one dancer. I cannot afford any weak links. Kendall, you will be doing a solo again this weekend. Paige, I'm going to give you a duet with Nia. Now, last week, you thought your good wasn't good enough. This is your chance. Don't blow it. I have one more routine left. Maddie, you will be doing a solo this week. Don't be so elated. It's like a default. Like, by process of elimination. I need somebody that's gonna win! And you bet that boys group, one of those boys will be doing a solo. Everybody needs to be outstanding. Moms, we can't lose. We won't lose. You guys go out there on that stage and screw up and we don't win, I might replace everybody. If I can suspend Chloe, I can suspend you too. Does everybody understand? Cathy is not gonna get the best of me with all these boys. All right, moms, you're dismissed girls spread apart. Let's go. Gianna bring in the prop." Abby emphasized.

~

I got out of rehersal after my dramatic death being first. I left Studio A whenever someone was calling my name.

"Melody!" Someone whispered screamed I looked around to see two girls calling my name. None other than my two best friends Olivia and Hannah.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Mrs. Taylor said we can learn a trio and start rehearsing in Studio B!" Hannah said jumping up and down. I smiled at the girls antics and I followed the girls into Studio B to meet Mrs. Taylor.

"Good evening, Miss Melody. As you probably heard I'm allowing you three to do a trio at a competition coming up in New Jersey in about three weeks." Mrs. Taylor said and I nodded.

"It's called 'Dead in the Water' and it is a dark contemporary trio, so let's stop talking about it and start rehearsing." Mrs. Taylor started. We got pretty far in the trio, but we still have a few more weeks to make it perfect. I talked to Noah for a little bit since he will be at his dad's in Maine for Christmas coming up. That is how my day ended.

~

*Day of Competition*

Sophia and Jackie showed back up, but left the day after. I'm pretty sure it's because of the way Abby treated Kendall. We get out of the bus and we see a limo. No surprise, it's Cathy. The moms all started gossiping about the decision.

"Oh did you come in the big crappy bus from Pittsburgh? Hey you know what, Ab, that hair is not going to make the limo look any worse." So much for not responding to them. Abby snapped.

"Cathy, go to h*ll!" Abby yelled.

"Oh Abby, please. Such terrible language in front of children." Cathy's high pitched voice shrilled. We get inside the building and they continue to follow us. I hate show drama sometimes!

"I think somebody just fumbled the ball!" Cathy yelled at Abby. The boys on her team started chanting and being obnoxious.

"I want to introduce Cathy. And this is a little boy from Seattle, Washington. A young man from San Diego. A boy from New York-" Abby rambled. Cathy and her just kept going back and forth I just wanted to get to the dressing room. This all started by a limo. We get to the dressing room and Abby started her spill.

"I am regretting the day I ever invited Cathy to come to our studio." Abby snarled. Mommy started a conversation with Abby and Abby explained Jackie left because of her.

~

Holly called Abby a monstrosity of evil and Abby pulled the duet. I'm confused how that works; other parents have cussed her out before! I guess Abby is still mad about Cathy. We get back to the dressing room after our snack and Paige and Nia were upset about the duet. We leave the dressing room and we go out to watch Kendall perform her solo. Maddie is performing later. We go backstage and

"Please welcome to the stage Kendall. Performing mask, contestant number five." Kendall did good, but I thought she was a bit nervous with her facial expressions.

"Please welcome Gino with 'All of the Way'." Gino's solo kinda confused me, I didn't get the story. Nevertheless, he had good technique.

~

"Next will be entry number 49A. And please help me welcome Maddie with 'Quicksand'." Maddie walked out and Paige yelled.

"Let's go Mad Dog!" Paige yelled. Maddie had solid technique and good facial expressions.

~

"Here we go, it's entry number 79. Please help me welcome to the stage 'Top of The World'." The boys group dance was very unique. I wouldn't call it a hip-hop routine. We go back to the dressing room and start to get ready for the group routine. Abby started getting frustrated about the group routines costumes. Abby confirmed the duo was pulled. We finished getting dressed and we go backstage.

"Everything is serious, okay? No smiling." Maddie explained. I had to get my giggles out, so I wouldn't smile onstage.

"Good luck ladies, have fun." The stage manager said.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4. 1, 2, 3, 4. 1, 2, 3, 4. 1, 2, 3, 4. 1, 2. 1, 2. 1, 2. 1, 2. AHHH!" We all cheered from our ritual handshake.

"All right judges, next up it's going to be entry number 88. Please give it up for 'Avalanche'." The announcer said and we all go onstage. I thought we danced okay, but we did make a handful of mistakes.

~

"And now our nine to eleven high score solos. Eighth place regional champion, Gino.... Now ladies and gentlemen, it comes down to our final two. High score nine to eleven solo. Less than one point separated the difference between these two. Second place regional champion will be Alexandrea, 'Below Zero'. Now ladies and gentlemen, by less than one point. Your highest scoring nine to eleven solo tonight will be entry number 49A, Maddie with 'Quicksand!'" Yay Maddie won! Kendall didn't place because she was competing eight and under, but she is nine.

~

"Here we go, in our nine to eleven in small groups, ladies and gentlemen. Third place champion is 'Avalanche' number 88. Second place, 'Boy Meets Girl' number 84. Now ladies and gentlemen, in your nine to eleven small groups. The highest scoring group today, in a very competitive category. Your champion and winner will be 'Top of the World' entry number 79." Man we lost to the Rotten Apples! Hopefully we can get them next time. Abby and Cathy fought and it was intense. This was a rough and long week.