Break A Leg

"Come on girls! Let's go!" Miss Abby said. We walked into Studio A. Paige was going to the doctors to get her foot checked out.

"Where are Paige and Kelly?" Miss Abby asked.

"They're at the doctors." Brooke responded.

"Today?" Miss Abby asked. I mean thats what it means, Abby.

"I think it's more serious than just a toe." Christi answered.

"She said it's really swelling." Mommy added.

"Oh my goodness." Abby rolled her eyes.

"I told her not to fool around. Kids, do you understand that your body is your instrument? That you need to take care of it. I told you, don't fool around. There's cement underneath this carpenting. I remember, vividly, saying that." Miss Abby said. The moms then asked about Jill.

"So, congratulations, on order. We had an amazing trip to Lancaster. I put three solos in the competition. And I had three girls in the top ten." We all clap.

"This week, we are going to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We are going to Starbound. Let's start with the pyramid... we have Paige. Paige had an outstanding performance, she was sixth overall high score, and then accidents happen. She might be out a week or maybe she will be able to dance today. Next, Melody. Didn't dance. But, I want you to work for it. I want you to start climbing back up the pyramid." Miss Abby said.

Maddie

Nia Brooke

Chloe Mackenzie Melody Paige

Mackenzie, Maddie, and Brooke have solos. Chloe was supposed to have a duet with Paige, but we don't know now. The group dance is called 'Alouette' and it's musical theater. No dancing again. Hopefully soon I will.

~

*Three Days To Competition*

Maddie, Mackenzie, and I were waiting at the front desk with Mommy. She was gonna tell Abby Maddie was leaving for Drop Dead Diva tomorrow.

"Hi guys." Abby greeted.

"Maddie has to fly out tomorrow morning to do Drop Dead Diva." Mommy said.

"The group comes first." Abby demanded.

"Absolutely. I agree with you." Mommy said. I thought to myself, 'You always agree with her, what's new here?'

"I don't want you to get out on stage at competition and look like a yahoo who doesn't know what their doing. This t.v. thing is a special event, but I wish you would be here tomorrow for rehearsal. And that group dance, better be perfect." Miss Abby instructed and Maddie nodded.

*Competition Day*

Kendall replaced Paige for dancing the duet with Chloe. Brooke's back has been hurting and Maddie missed a day of rehearsal. This could end bad today.

"In the junior small group category, act number 122, 'Alouette'." The announcer said and the girls went onstage.

~

I thought they did good with the group dance, but I say that with almost everything. I started brushing my hair whenever Abby asked...

"Brooke, how's the back?" Abby asked.

"It still hurts." Brooke muttered.

"You need to use the pain, yes?" Abby asked.

"Abby, I don't think Brooke can do the dance. It hurts when she breathes. I don't know how she's gonna do it, I got her on ice, I put this on. I don't know what else I can do. I can't let her hurt herself to do a dance." Kelly cried.

"It's obviously hurting her that she can't do it. I want her to do it, she wants to do it, but I don't think she can." Kelly said.

"Brooke, did it have anything to do with those other girls there warming up?" Miss Abby asked.

"Abby, it was hurting before we even came into this building." Kelly responded. The two started to argue. Abby is very demanding when she can't get what she wants.

~

The solos went on and I thought Mackenzie was very sassy, Maddie's solo was very clean. The duet was very spot on and I think they should do another duet.

*Awards*

"It's now time to announce our top five petite junior soloists. Third place, with a 286, Sarah, Jessica Dance Center. Moving on to second place. The score 290... Mackenzie, 'You know you love it'." The announcer called. Kenzie got her award and we all clapped for her.

~

"All right, folks, here we go. Our top junior soloist. 'This is me, over you' Maddie, Abby Lee Dance Company." Maddie got her award and I gave her a hug like I did with Kenzie.

~

"Your top overall junior duet/trio, 'Chasing Answers!' It's Chloe and Kendall from Abby Lee Dance Company!" The announcer said and they got their award.

~

The group dance got first place. Afterwards, Maddie was showing her Drop Dead Diva solo which caused some drama. Then Abby called Chloe some not nice words, and sent her out of the room crying and we were trying to cheer her up. Thanks, Abby!