Waiting For Joffrey

"Come on girls, let's go! Join the party. So did everybody have a good time in Chicago? All right let's talk about the group dance. I thought it was beautiful. I thought the costumes looked gorgeous on everybody. I gave everybody a challenge with acting, you all did it." Miss Abby explained.

Maddie

Brooke Mackenzie

Paige Melody Nia Chloe

"The group dance will be called 'Nip Tuck'. Mackenzie, Melody you will not be in the group dance this week. We have two trios this week. I'm gonna split the group in half, and the trios will be, Mackenzie, Paige, and Nia. You will be doing a high-energy jazz routine incorporating gymnastic tumbling. Then I have Brooke, Maddie, and Chloe. You will be doing a contemporary lyrical routine. Chloe, it's about a trio. Brooke, you've never done a trio with these girls, so this is gonna be all new for you. Chloe and Maddie will be doing a solo again. Melody, don't look so bummed out because what's the point of bringing you along if you're not going to be doing anything? You will be given a solo, aswell. I am excited about going, I had a great time in Chicago. I hope this next trip is just as fun, without Cathy from Candy Apples, but I'll tell you what, she's easy to beat. The people at this competition aren't gonna be so easy to beat." Miss Abby explained.

~

"Melody, you have a solo this weekend. It's contemporary and you will be Jasmine from the movie 'Aladdin'. You will get some hard moves because I want to challenge you. Let's go." Abby said.

"Now reach up!" Miss Abby said and I tried my hardest to get as high as I could.

~

The rest of rehearsal was the same with finishing my dance. The next few days was the same.

*Competition Day*

We got to the dressing room and I got into my costume and Mommy done my hair.

I go backstage and I was ready for my solo

"Please welcome to the stage, act number 32, in the petite category... 'Speechless'." The announcer said and I walked out...

During my solo, I did my front aerial and I landed on my right ankle wrong. I got offstage and I started crying.

"What happened?" Maddie asked as I got into the wings.

"I landed on my ankle wrong , whenever I was doing my front aerial and it hurts really bad." I replied. She gave me a hug before carrying me to the dressing room.

"Oh, honey, it's okay you did really good!" Mommy said as I hugged her.

"Miss Abby's gonna hate me." I cried.

"She's not gonna hate you, it was an accident." She said. After a few more minutes she was finally able to calm me down. We are going to the doctor once we get back home. The trios, solos, and group was done and now it's time for awards.

~

"In first place, a score of 272, 'Speechless', Abby Lee Dance Company!" I got my award, somehow and I bowed before sitting back down. Maddie's solo got first, Chloe's fifth. The contemporary trio got first, and the acrobatic trio didn't place. The group dance didn't place, but we are able to go to the Joffrey audition!