May I Have This Dance?

"Let's go, let's go, let's go! Come on, girls, get in here." Abby yelled.

"On the presidential campaign, this means peace. But here at the Abby Lee Dance Company, it means second. Not only are we getting beat by Cathy's brilliant team of imports; we're getting beat by teachers I've never heard of before. All right, I want to get to the pyramid. First, I have Mackenzie. You didn't dance. Next, Paige. That flag was a symbol for everybody in that audience. Don't do a disservice to this country. And next, Kendall. We've worked on your facial expressions. They've improved. We've worked on your stamina. That's getting there. Now, focus. Wherever your eyes go, that's where the judges' eyes go. You can't watch Maddie like a member of the audience." Abby explained and Kendall nodded.

"Next... Melody. You did fine in the group dance. You didn't draw my eyes negatively, but you didn't draw my eyes positively, either. And next, I have Brooke. Brooke, during rehearsal, you did an outstanding job. Then we get onstage, and you go right by Asia and the flag, and then you have to wait four counts. You have to think onstage. Chloe. Chloe, you did a solo. You did a nice job. You were second only to Maddie. Corrections. Hyper-extending the elbows. Not lengthening the back of the knee. You can fix all those things. But you have to want to. And next, Nia. You did an outstanding job. I thought you looked good in the group. I noticed you in the group. I also noticed you were smart and you figured out you couldn't lift Asia until she got there. And next, Asia. You won the first overall high score in the petite division. I think that you're a little firecracker. And I think you step onstage and you cause an explosion. And, on top of the pyramid: Maddie... you were the overall high score of the junior division. Your friends voted for you, too. It was a good performance. You are the type of personality that this country was built on. You all know that song, 'America the Beautiful.' Maddie, you were America the Beautiful." Abby revealed the pyramid.

"Thank you." Maddie responded.

"You're welcome." Abby replied.

Maddie

Asia Nia Chloe

Brooke Melody Kendall Paige Mackenzie

"Now, before I get started on this week's assignments, I want to ask Mackenzie where your cast is. You should have an air cast on that foot." Abby stated. All of the attention shifted over to Mackenzie.

"My foot doesn't hurt anymore." Kenzie answered.

"And... where's your doctor's excuse?" Mom urged.

"Did you go to the doctor again?" Abby asked.

"No. Oh, wait, yeah." Kenzie answered. Oh no. Abby is about to go ballistic.

"No, you did not, Kenz. You didn't go back to the doctor." Mom responded.

"Can you... can you let me speak?" Kenzie asked.

"Tell her exactly what the doctor told you." Mom said.

"He said that it's okay to dance." Kenzie stated. Abby looked dumfounded.

"And how did he look at your foot again?" Abby questioned.

"He didn't." Kenzie answered. She seemed absolutely bored of this conversation. Since she has an extra bone in her foot, she just needed to rest. Repeated actions makes it inflamed.

"So, over the phone?" Abby asked.

"Well, he said that she has to rest it until it feels 100%. She knows her own body." Mom explained.

"She knows her own body? She can't even create a sentence to answer me with!" Abby retorted. I started shaking my head. This is going to be a big deal out of absolutely nothing.