Jill On The Rampage

Here is the pyramid for this week.

Mackenzie

Chloe Maddie

Paige Brooke Nia Kendall Melody

Mackenzie was on the top of the pyramid! I gave her a high five before Abby started talking about this weeks competition.

"We are not going to be doing a group dance this weekend. Each and every dancer will be doing a solo. It's every man for himself. This is your chance to shine and for one time only... The moms will help out with the costumes. This is your chance to go for that Tony, Christi. You're gonna come to me, show me what you have, and I can veto it, or I can accept it. I don't want to see anything from any other studios. I want to see you come up with something original." Abby explained to which Christi rolled her eyes. The moms were dismissed and Mackenzie was up first. I was sitting in the corner stretching.

"I love solo week." I said.

"Same here it actually shows off everyone's abilities better." Maddie agreed. A few people went then it was my turn.

~

"Melody, your solo is 'Castle On A Cloud'. It's very age appropriate, and you will be like Cinderella in it. So your mother better make a blue, pink, or any pastel color. You have to use emotion to tell the story." Miss Abby explained. We started working on my solo.

~

*One Day To Competition*

The next few days of rehearsal was the same. The rule was mainly put in for Jill to not use other studios costumes. Mommy is just using one of my light blue leotards and making a little white skirt around it. It kinda looks like Maddie's 'Cry' costume. Christi actually made Chloe's costume and it is beautiful. I walk over and stand next to Kenzie who was putting on her tap shoes.

"The competitions canceled." She said.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked.

"I think the moms and Abby are going to find an another competition." Mackenzie responded. I shrugged before going into Studio A where I was called by Gia.

"Melody let's rehearse your solo." I walk in and I start rehearsing. 

~

"Never again I am dancing with a prop." I said dramatically laying by Hannah, we just came out of a group dance rehearsal.

"It can't be that bad, just think we have hip-hop next." Noah responded.

"You just ruined my day!" Olivia groaned.

"Don't listen to him, Liv, it's just jazz with some 'hip-hop elements'." Hannah said.

"Even worse." Noah smiled.

"I honestly hope one day, I will got to L.A. and take an actual hip-hop class." I said.

"Agreed, but that's for the future, we have to graduate from here first." Olivia smiled.

"Melody! Come here." Mommy called out to me.

"Probably show biz, see you in a bit for 'hip-hop'." I quoted. Everyone was around the front desk.

"Ladies, uh, we are going to a competition this weekend." Miss Abby announces, "There's a competition is Clute, Texas, just outside of Galveston. I want the girls to practice tonight, I'm keeping them here until the dances are finished and perfect. The show must go on." She instructed. We were able to leave the front desk and I left for hip-hop. After hip-hop, I was exhausted and I still had to rehearse my solo two more times.

~

*Day of Competition*

We got to the place where the competition is being held. It's on the gym floor. Hopefully, I don't slip. I was going on after Mackenzie, so Mommy put a ponytail and some curls in my hair and I put on my costume.

 I was going on after Mackenzie, so Mommy put a ponytail and some curls in my hair and I put on my costume

"Melissa, that looks great." Holly said.

"Thanks." She responded. I put on my boots and we sat in the audience for Brooke to perform.

~

Brooke did great. Now it's Mackenzie's turn, then mine!

~

*Interview/Confessional*

I'm very scared for my solo for three reasons. 1) I don't want to let Miss Abby or my mom down. 2) It's a gym floor and I don't want to get hurt. 3) I have some hard tricks in my routine.

~

I shake out my nerves before stepping over to the setup.

"Please welcome, Miss Melody, from Abby Lee, performing 'Castle On a Cloud'." The announcer said and I stepped out.

~

I may have bobbled on a few moves. I'm sorry the gym floor made me scared!

~

Some more drama things happened. Maddie slipped and she kept dancing, I doubt the show would show her keep dancing. Kendall's costume, and Jill cursing and throwing shoes. Nia had a panic attack before going onstage. Wow. Now it's time for the awards. Kenzie and I both didn't place. Brooke got third in 7-8th solos.

"In third place, from the Abby Lee Dance Company, Maddie. In second place, also from the Abby Lee Dance Company, Chloe. And our junior champion, Paige!" We all cheer super loud for Paige! This is her first time winning on the show!