I.

"Okay, now, is a house an appreciating value or does it depreciate?"

Mr. McBrien stood there with his hand sitting in his pocket, right in front of my desk. What the actual fuck, he has got to know what he's doing... Is he smirking at me? God, all I can think is-

"Arie, you seem to be very interest in what I'm saying, can you answer my question?"

As he cocked his eyebrow my cheeks flushed red. He was, he was smirking at me. Is he toying with me? I guess it's only fair, I drop hints like they're hot, cause they kind of are. Okay, Arie fact one: Not funny. Have I spoken yet? Shit... Where are words? everything in my mind became more and more jumble with the way he was looking at me, not even just looking but starring.

"Uh, I... A house appreciates over time"

I bit my finger, maybe a little harder than I meant to.

He nodded and moved on, addressing others in class. I let my mind wonder off again, about nothing in particular this time. I did my best to stay spaced out until again I heard my name called. God, it's always me... I'm not complaining.

"Arie? Are you with us?"

I mumbled a quick yes before he smiled at me again, that fucking smile. It's not a "I'm happy to see you smile" but it's also not a "I'm smiling so I don't yell at you smile", something else, something... suspect. A ringing came through the air, breaking my trance the rest of the way, we all smacked our pockets in unison before McBrien spoke

"You all look like idiots, I told you, you should NEVER leave your phones in your pocket. In case of, you know, the cancer!"

The ringing stopped and so did his smile

"Okay, you are all are going to have entertain yourselves for a moment, I have to make a call"

when he left the room, I let out a sigh of relief. I let my head fall to the desk with an audible thud, alerting my best friend to my left. She started my back when I lifted my head to look at her.

"Are you okay? You seem off today"

"What? Uh, no, I mean, I just need more sleep, I guess?"

Before I could finish my thought out loud a sharp, intolerable noise broke through the almost silence.

"Ugh, no Jake, I will not be giving my party guest banana split flavored condoms no matter how ironic it is!"

the squeak in her voice becoming more annoying the more I hear it, I turned around to give her a bitchy look but she had already beaten me to it.

"That doesn't make it open invite, Arie, So you and your little gaggle of freaks better not show up"

I started to open my mouth to retort when the door opened again, and when she smirked I nearly jumped up to smack it off of her but Kyra grabbed my arm.

"Sorry 'bout that, does anyone have any question?"

as someone in the back raised their hand, the bell rang and Mr. McBrien  smirked.

I grabbed my bag from the floor and began to stand when I noticed him standing in front of my desk, I gulped and looked him in the eyes.

"Arie, could I speak with you? It will just take a minute and if you need I'll write you a late pass"

before I answered he walked back to his desk, sitting behind it, leaning back which stretch out the dad body he had.

"Am I in trouble?"

"No, no you didn't do anything wrong. I just want to talk to you about your focusing problem... I really can't have you drifting off into space during my class."

His large hands were sitting on his desks and my eyes were fixated on it. No matter how I tried I couldn't tear my eyes from them, he didn't seem like he was trying to keep my focus away from them. It almost felt like he taunted me with them, teased me with them. Just the thought of him teasing me left my knees weak.

"I'm sorry, I'm trying to focus. I'm just easily distracted, I'll try harder..."

My ears began to burn when I noticed his amused expression, the smirk he had with a sinister glint in his eye.

"Do you need that pass now? The bell rings in about two minutes"

"It would be safer it I did"

I smiled, trying to not stare at his hand while he carefully wrote my name on the yellow paper. I huffed out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding in. I tried my hardest to shut my mind off or at least off him and his hands... oh my god, his hands.