61

Because I had free time for the next week I started to attack problems around my house. Cleaning and rearranging my room or repainting some spots on the outside of the house. I had just finished with the white of the trim when I heard a car pull into my driveway. I wiped the sweat off my forehead, undoubtedly smearing paint over it, I glanced over nearly blinded by the sun and her shiny sunglasses. Heather was standing shyly near her car,  just looking at me.

"What do you want?" I sneered

"Uh... Can we talk inside?"

I dropped the paintbrush into the can of paint and walked to the front door, motioning her to follow me in. I soaked in the cool air for a second before turning my attention to her. I motioned with my han for her to go ahead and explain herself.

"Do... Do you remember the day in government when argued about abortion?"

Her voice was so shaky, it was such a difference to her usual self. I nodded and grabbed a water from the fridge, waiting for her to keep talking but she seemed too focused on the sweat that was dripping down my chest.

"Uh.. I need your help.. With that"

"With an abortion?"

"Uh, yeah"

"Uhm... Okay, let me go get showered and dressed... We can go a town over"

I let her hang out in my room while I turned on the shower and peeled off the sweaty bikini top and pair of shorts I was wearing, dropping it way too close to my clean clothes I planned on wearing later. When the water was only mildly scolding I hopped in, letting the water rinse most of the grime off before squeezing a not so dime sized amount of shampoo into my hand. I thoroughly lathered my hair and waited a few seconds before tipping my head back into the water, closing my eyes tightly. I heard the curtain move slightly before I felt a hand on my hip and then another on the back of my neck.