xvii

"I got you milk... Why did you want milk?" I heard Krys, like an echo.

"It draws out the heat... I think, I read it on a trivia card once" McBrien stammered

a few seconds later I felt a weird cooling sensation over the angry skin on my arms and I snapped back to reality. I started to shake from the pain and fear, I hated burns. I felt warm tears fall from my face and I wanted to scream, I couldn't take anymore heat than I already had consuming my body.

"Arie?" McBrien cooed

"This isn't my first burn, take me to the hospital. They'll want to get the dead skin off and to dress it" I stuttered, trying to raise mt milk coated arm to wipe away the tears.

"I'll drive you, we can take your car" he declared.

He grabbed me by my under arms and lifted me to my feet, carefully wrapping his arm around my waist avoiding my burns. I looked back to Krys who, despite the current events, had a huge grin on her face. I look back to McBrien and he had the car door open for me already.

"You don't really seem like the "Little Yellow Punch Buggie" kind of girl" he scoffed

"I'm full of surprises, huh?" I snickered as I plopped into the passenger seat.

A second later McBrien was in the drivers seat grabbing my keys from my bag. When the car started he motion for me to put my seat belt on until he saw the pained expression on my face. He dropped his head in defeat and put the car into reverse. when we finally made it to the state road I was nearly screaming the heat became too much.

"Please, calm down!" his panicked tone rang through the car

"Have you ever had a burn? they are the worse type of pain, it feels like your flesh is being pulled from you body slowly" I growled

We had stopped at a red light that took far to long and when started crying McBrien lost it.

"Arie Nyx Wanger!" He yelled only inches from my face.

When I looked over to him our faces were nearly touching. I felt new heat in me rising and it cooled the burns on my body. Suddenly, his large hands were on my face and his warm, chapped lips were on mine. I melted into his hands, my arms rubbing uncomfortably against the seats. I whimpered and he hand moved from my face to my leg. His tongue grazed the very bottom of my lip and when I returned the favor his fingers dug into my outer thigh. I parted my lips a little letting my tongue run over his. I was rewarded with a breathy moan, I tried to pull myself away from the kiss but he held the back of my neck. God, this was magic, his fingers were rough and scratched at my thigh a little. It was my turn to moan as he wrapped his hand in my hair and gave it a little tug, I nearly climbed out of my seat and into his lap. I had to control myself but, god, I didn't want to. I put my hand on his knee, debating whether or not I should move it up or not. I wanted to know so bad, he looked like the kind of man who had... Oh god, I hope he did. I moved my hand slightly when I felt his muscles tense, all I wanted was that reaction.