32

It was roughly 9 in the morning when McBrien was there to pick me up, I grabbed the cooler and small bag with close packed and ran out the door before my dad could question me.

"Ready?" He said

"As ever"

He pulled out of my driveway and made the hour long trek to Wakiva Springs. The three hour long car ride consisted of silly arguments about how I was so picky and singing really moody songs that didn't compare to our lives at all, it was amazing how easily we clicked. By the time we had parked he already dubbed it the best he's ever experienced. We grabbed the gear and walked down to the springs, the water was going to be freezing but against the hot Florida sun it was magic. I stripped off my top layer of close to reveal my new bathing suit and his face flushed bright red, it was amazing the affect I had on him. I trotted down the hill with him in tow and once we reached the waters end I leapt forward bracing myself for the cold. He snickered at me and started to climb down the ladder, hesitating the entire way.

"You know it's way easier to just jump in"

He sighed and climbed back on to the pavement and sucked in a huge breath and jumped. I shielded my face from the splash he made and waited for him to come up. I couldn't find him when suddenly I was lifted out of the water. I shrieked and wiggled my body while he chuckled.

"I couldn't wait to see you in this swimsuit"

I turned my body so that his arms were on my back

"Well, how is it?"

"Makes me hope no one else looks at you the way I am" He said "I didn't know you have tattoos"

"Four, actually" I said, a little embarrassed.

"What do they mean?"

"Uh, I have the Lion in the sun for my birthday and Usagi, the rabbit in the moon for August. A shakespeare quote with a coffee ring, and a glowing Will O'Wisp for my grandfather"

"That's a lot for only being 19"

"I got the first when I was 16"

"How?"

"It's kind of like a right of passage in my family, my father signed for it"

He was clearly astonished by that and started rubbing the bunny on my right shoulder blade, I sighed and leaned my face into his chest. The music that was playing from multiple people's radios was lousy and neither of us brought our own so we decided to make the best out of it. We danced in our own little area that people created for us. We decided that we would walk down to the rentals and sit at the bridge for a break from the sun and people.

"We should have brought Taila" he said randomly

"Taila?"

"The puppy I got at the beginning of this semester"

I looked around and noticed all the dogs that were nearby. I bumped into his side, he constantly kept his hand on my back or entangled with mine.

"I would have been okay with that" I smiled

He squeezed my hand and smiled back at me.

"We should rent a canoe" he blurted out

"If we wanted to canoe we could have stayed in town"

"Yeah, but here we can canoe as a... thing"

"Fine, but you're doing all the work"