30

After the island McBrien and I texted non stop, we started off simple, asking each other questions like 'What's your favorite color' or 'Do you want kids in the future?' But by the end of the night we were asking whether or not the other believed in an afterlife or reincarnation. We were so similar in so many ways it was almost scary.
"Do you want to go to Wekiva Springs this weekend?"
Is he an idiot or trying to get himself fired?
"Like a date?"
"I was thinking something like that"
"What about all the people? They'd see us, wouldn't they?"
"It's three hours away, no one would know us. We'd just be that annoying couple feeding each other grapes"
"We aren't a couple"
That was the last message I sent and he never replied, by the time I made it to third period I felt like shit. I plopped myself down at my desk and started wiggling immediately, I hated sitting in one place and this desk wasn't big enough. When the finally bell rang McBrien started class by passing back old assignments. I noticed all mine had been done in a different color than everyone else's, rather than red they were graded in a soft pink marker. That's my favorite color and he found a way to make me feel special without even speaking to me.
"Okay, grab the workbooks and do page 47. It's due at the end of the period, no excuses" McBrien spoke like he was angry.
I handed Kyra her workbook and set mine on my desk before walking to the front of the room where McBrien's desk was.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that.. I do want to go, definitely, I do" I said in a low whisper
"Oh, I don't know..." He smirked
"Please?"
"Okay, but only because your begging" he whispered back
He winked at me and I walked back to my desk, smiling like an idiot. I started on my work and my phone buzzed constantly. When I looked down at the screen all the answers were there and when I looked over to my teacher he gave me a playful innocence look and then put his head back down.
"Are you playing favorites?" I replied
"No, I'm playing cutest"