xiv

I couldn't will myself to sit still for anything, I don't know what made me so squirmy today. Maybe it was the way McBrien kept his eyes on me or the things he said to other day but it was definitely something because of him. I wanted to get him out of mind so badly, I couldn't seem to jiggle, wiggle, or slap the thought of him out of me. I guess I just wanted him inside of me... that's not how I wanted that to come out.

"Arie, do you plan on speaking today? Or are you going to let my questions go unanswered?"

"Oh, well, uh. I'm sorry, I just was really not paying any attention to what you were saying"

"That's nothing new. On that note, take out your work books and start working as quietly as you can"

I wait for Kyra to walk our books over to us and sit down so I can start unloading all of this jumbled mess onto her

"Kyra. I have a problem"

"I know but I don't have that kind of degree"

"Fuck you, you couldn't get any kind of degree"

"Anyway, your problem is?"

"McBrien... My problem is definitely him"

Before she could speak again, a scoff cut through the air. I looked towards McBrien and he just was beckoning me with his finger.

"Well, that's just great, fuck me"

I stand from my chair and try to settle the nerves in my stomach.

"Didn't we talk about this focusing problem?"

"We did but... it's becoming more of a problem"

"Really? You seemed like you were doing better before last Friday?"

"Yeah. There may be a reason for that"