25

"You're okay"
McBrien pet my hair as I tried to slow my breathing a little, I tug on the front of his shirt and nestled into his neck.
"What was your nightmare?"
"Uh, they were... About to execute you"
He sank his head down a little and let out a long breath before pressing his lips to the side of my head. I began to dread school knowing that this wouldn't be the same.
"Arie... That won't happen"
I just shook my head and looked up at him before peeling myself away to change the bandages. Each time he offered to help I shooed him away, hoping that he wouldn't notice how upset I was.
"I have to get home soon... But will you be here later? I was planning on spending the night with Krys' again" I called from the bathroom.
"Uh.. Actually no I won't be.. I have someone I have to have a talk with" he said.
"Oh, okay"
I grab my burn creme and walk back to Krys' house where my car had been parked when I heard him call me back. I decided that it was a better idea to just leave then to linger and upset myself more. I pulled out of her drive way and put the car in drive hoping he would still be standing outside when I looked in my review mirror but he wasn't. A few seconds later I heard my phone chime and I looked down to see a text from McBrien.
"I was hoping for a kiss goodbye"