52

"Arie, tell me now" she huffed

I shrugged my shoulders and wipe a warm tear from my eye, I had done my best to forget about this all weekend. Now all the things I felt and repressed came flooding back to me, making my lip and eye hurt more. I could again feel the impact of shoes on my back. 

"Arie..." 

She broke my trance and I just looked at her and let everything that I had repressed flow out. The way they all came out of nowhere, one by one. The first one sweeping my legs out from under me, laughing when my body hit the ground. 

"Who?"

I started to shake my head and rest it in my hands. I tried to hold in my sobs but it only resulted in this horrible choking noise that I could only describe as similar to a pterodactyl mating call.

"Arie, tell me"

"Some football players"

She grabbed my hand and made small strokes around the top of my hand with her thumb, it was honestly so comforting and I loved that. I leaned over and hugged her, crying lightly on her shoulder while she whispered small "shh" to me. Once she was confident in me being okay, she took me back to her house. When we walked through the door her mom said some obscene and totally hilarious joke that killed me. I loved her family, they accepted me in with open arms and that was amazing. The kitten she had gotten only a few weeks earlier immediately started to bite my shoes, it was the same way she always greeted me.

"Luna, little baby" I cooed

I picked her up and cradled her in my arms, petting her under her chin while she tried to nip at my hand. We walked back to her bedroom and I fell backwards on to her bed, hitting my head on her TV remote. We talked and joked all evening, I gave her my detailed planned about how I was getting back at Heather. We walked out to her car so that she could take me home. The entire ride we jammed out to music that was the complete opposite of how we seem. When she pulled into my driveway I pulled my bra from her backseat where I threw it and bounced it in her face. She widened her eyes and make a "I fuckin' knew it" kind of face. I laughed and hugged her tightly. 

"I love you, dude" 

"I love you, too" 

I opened my door and shut it again, blowing her a kiss before opening the door. She returned the favor and rolled down her windows, to shout at me.

"TEXT ME! I WANT DETAILS"

I nodded at her, shutting the door behind. I braced myself for the questions I was about to be bombarded with.