vi

My last two classes passed so quickly that I barely had time to prepare myself for this afternoon. Mondays were usually difficult but today was down right impossible. I walked into hallway 7B dreading the next hour of my life. I let my bag droop to the floor and eventually was dragging it.

"You look happy" he beamed, handing me a stack of papers and a red pen.

"look, I know it's kind of a crappy way to spend the rest of your free time for your senior year but you might as well pretend to like it. Do you want to listen to some music?" I nodded and he leaned next to where i was sitting at his desk. I didn't even realize I was in the way of his laptop. he turned his head to look at me while I was still staring at his hand.

"Sorry, you probably don't like my music. You can make a new station on my Pandora if you want" he smiled again but I was already singing to the slow moody song. As soon as he left the room I grabbed my phone from my pocket, it had been going off not stop since final bell and Donald found out i would be spending the afternoon with what he claims to be the only fuckable teacher at the school.

"Have you seduced him yet??"

"Of course she hasn't, Donnie, that would be wrong"

"Has that ever stopped Arie?"

Do they ever know when to stop? I reply as fast as I can hoping that I won't get in trouble for this.

"Would you both shut up? and no, I haven't seduced him and i won't. ever"

I put them on do not disturb and shoved my phone in my bag, I cannot take Donnie's constant pestering. When i finished the stack of paper sitting in from of me i hear the door open again.

"That was quick, do you think you could enter them, too? You have another thirty minutes, or I could enter and you can tell me your plan for after you graduate" he sighed

"I'll enter, anything that keeps me from having to think about that" I grabbed the papers and clicked over to the page
"Well, because of that you have to tell me about it anyway" he chuckled
"I guess I'll join the military. Marines most likely" I said
"You guess? That's not a decision you just make, especially if you aren't 100%"
"I don't have much else of a choice, I'm not very good at a lot of things. And, that's a steady pay check"
"But do you want to be in the military for the next twenty years. What about deployments?" 

His voice held a weird tone, almost like disappointment and fear. I thought for a moment, maybe he's right. He must have noticed the concern cross my face because the next words he said, he spoke softly

"I mean, if that's what you want... Go for it but don't make a decision so rashly"

"I don't know, I'm only 19, there's a lot more life I have to get through before I make that choice. Maybe in the next three years I find out my passion really lies with deep diving or childcare or making movies. I guess, for right now, I will just leave me future up to the government

"You know what? We can talk about something else. Why don't you tell me something interesting about yourself?"

"Didn't I do that at the beginning of the year? Those 'ice breakers' that you do from like third grade on?'

"Yes, like those. Seriously though, tell me about yourself. You're such an open person, open enough to yell about your... menstrual cycle in class, but not many people in our class know about you"

"What's there to know? My full name is Ariana Nyx Wagnar, my middle name means spirit in German. I was born August 22nd which makes me a Leo but I don't really believe in that kind of stuff. I suck at math but love drawing and painting, I guess its just one of those things"

"That's all stuff I can figured out from your school records. What's your favorite song? or color? What do you do in your spare time?"

"It depends on the day. Yellow. Trying to contact the dead while drinking shitty wine coolers. Your turn"

 "Back up, Contacting the dead?"

"Focusing on that and not the underage drinking, nice"

"Your hour is up, but we should definitely talk more about that tomorrow"