1

"My little boy is getting older, already off to college" Felix's mom cried with tears in her eyes and a tissue in her hand to wipe the tears away.

"Mom, it's okay, it's just college" Felix gently patted his mom's back as the woman let out another sob. "I know but, I wont be able to see you for a while" "dont worry mom, I'll be visiting during breaks" the woman looked at her son.

The freckled smiling boy wiped away his mom's tears "hey, no more crying yeah? It'll be to help us out, we wont have to live here for long, okay?" Felix smiled to make his mom feel better.

The boy was referring to their small cheap apartment that was slowly breaking down. Not too long ago, the door to the freckled boy's room broke as he opened it and the kitchen cabinets were also falling off every time one of the two tried opening them.

Those were just some recent problems that they had faced, but there's more, like the rats, cockroaches, spiders, no water coming up at times, the AC sometimes not working, etc. (I just wont list them cause I cant come up with anything).

"No honey, focus on yourself, don't focus on me, you're going for a better future than what I could've given you" the woman started to finally pull herself together.

Felix's mom sighed "okay let's" she paused to sigh again "let's go, you're going to be late" Felix nodded and grabbed his things, putting them in the car, sitting in the front seat afterwards.

After a long hour drive, the two finally made it to the college campus. The two got out of the car to get the freckled boy's belongings, Felix's mom wearing a sad smile on her face while looking at her son who was focused on his luggage.

"I'm so proud of you Lix, you've done so much to get into this college." Felix took his focus off of his luggage and focused on the woman in front of him with a smile.

"Thank you mom, you helped me get here" Felix reassured hugging his mom "thank you sweetie, you should go look at when your classes start, where the apartment is, who your roommate is and all that" Felix's mom suggested.

Felix nodded, pulling back from the hug to look his mom in the eyes with his hands on her shoulder, a smile accompanying his actions.

"I will" "bye honey, have a good time here, call me if something happens or if you need anything" "will do, love you mom" "love you too Lix" the freckled woman said and kissed her son's forehead.

"Bye" "bye" the two smiled at each other before they faced the opposite ways to separate.