50

Shuyang had already started school and had been a week in when the little kid was crying when Felix went to pick him up.

"Baby what happened?" "Someone said my freckles were ugly" the now five year old said through sobs making Felix furrow his eyebrows.

"Oh, love, dont believe them. I love your freckles and so does papa, that's all that matters" the freckled five year old nodded while wiping his tears.

"I told them that they were fairy dust, angel kisses and stars but they didn't believe me." "Oh, love, they dont need to believe you, just like your freckles and think of them as those things, okay?" "Okay."

"Baby, where was the teacher when this happened?" "I dont know" "okay, lets go love, just know I love your freckles... or should I say angel kisses" the little boy smiled "they're angel kisses!"

"Yes, let's go home, you must be hungry" "okay daddy!"

_________________

The incident happened two weeks ago, before Shuyang had a question to ask Felix after school when they were home.

"Daddy?" "Yes love" "wheres my mommy" there was a silence before the little boy continued "someone was asking me how many people were in my family and I told them I have a daddy and a papa"

Felix turned to look at his child with curiosity "they told me it wasnt normal to have a daddy and a papa and asked me where my mommy was."

"I didnt answer since I thought everyone had a daddy and a papa and I also never thought about having a mommy until now. So daddy, do you know where mommy is?"

Felix's eyes teared up at his son's words "love, she doesn't- she lef- no... she- I dont know love, she hasn't been here for some reason. Listen love, it's alright though, you don't need a mommy, you have me and papa to take care of you, okay?"

The little boy wiped his dad's tears away before nodding "okay daddy, but please dont cry." Hearing this made Felix put on a sad smile "okay love" "now daddy, where's your mommy? Isnt she my grandma?"

The curious boy asked slightly tilting his head. Felix let a tear roll down his cheek before answering "she is, she's the one who kissed you my love. She's the reason you have freckles"

"Ohh, so grandma is an angel?" "Yes love, yes she is. Tell her you love her for giving you the freckles and watching over you" Felix's voice cracked as he spoke to the little freckled boy who did as he was told.

"I love you grandma, thank you for giving me my freckles and watching over me!" Shuyang excitedly spoke making more tears roll down Felix's cheeks.

"Daddy, why don't you also tell her that?" Felix sadly smiled before doing it "I love you mom. Thank you for watching over me and my family and for giving me freckles" Felix sniffled before the little boy hugged him.

"I love you daddy" "I love you more love." "Daddy, dont cry" "yes love, why don't we go color yeah?" The two pulled away from the hug and Felix wiped his tears "yes daddy, let's go, let's go!"