17

A few more weeks had passed and it was now Changbin's birthday. Felix had prepared a homemade cake and meal to give Changbin, along with an expensive gift he bought.

Sure the younger didnt have much money but he wanted his roommate to receive a gift from him. He didnt think getting a simple necklace from Walmart would be enough, so he bought the older a new pair of platformed Converse.

Currently, the freckled boy was patiently sitting down at the kitchen island waiting for Changbin to enter the decorated apartment. The freckled boy had spent a good two hours making the decorations and decorating the place, then maybe around another two hours waiting for his roommate to come back from where ever he was.

He smiled as he waited for his roommate during those two hours. Felix looked at the clock hung up behind their couches and read the time, the time read 11:57 PM.

"Maybe hes busy celebrating with other people, I know hes well known in his classes" Felix's mind spoke thinking on the bright side of the situation.

"I'll wait until he comes back, even though his birthday's almost over, I'll be patient" Felix smiled as he adjusted his party hat.

Felix started getting sleepy and laid his head on the island counterbefore falling asleep.

There was a loud banging noise soon after the freckled boy fell asleep, making him jolt up. The boy went to the door and found a drunk Changbin with a bottle in hand.

The smell of alcohol reaching the taller's nose, making flashbacks of the past cross his mind. The boy ignored the flashbacks and the smell "happy birthday Changbin! I've been waiting for you, you're finally-" the shorter pushed his roommate to the ground making the blonde's party hat to fall off and get crushed.

Felix whinced in pain "ow.... it's- it's okay, let's-" Felix started as he got up but was cut off by a harsh slap to the face making him hold his cheek.

"I swear to God you wont live another day if you start crying" Changbin drunkenly threatened scaring the small boy on the ground.

The younger protected his head as he saw the older's hand raise "Changbin, why- why dont we celebrate your birth-" "I already celebrated it with better people than you" the male yelled as he slapped the blonde.

The black haired male walked away from the freckled boy and went to the couch as the younger held his cheek with tears in his eyes. Felix forgave his roommate, he just went out drinking to celebrate his birthday so he understood that he was drunk.

The taller got up and started walking to his drunk roommate "we dont have to celebrate but at least accept my gift" "did I hurt you?" Changbin randomly asked his roommate without answering the blonde's question.

Felix hesitated before answering the question, not wanting to make his roommate feel guilty for doing something while drunk. "... You did but dont worry, it's okay, you're drunk, you didnt mean it" the blonde defended his roommate who hurt him.

"I'm sorry" Changbin apologized. This making Felix look at him a little shocked "dont be, I also deserved it" this causing the older to shed a few tears.

Another shock to Felix, Changbin has never apologized for anything even during the time he gave him to recover from the incident or even cried in front of him.