an yujin › dreamer

Dream Log, entry #1, 11/05/2022
My name is Kim Y/N. Today is my first day on the job. I've been assigned to monitor the dreams of Lim Juhyun, a 16-year-old female, with the help of An Yujin ♡, who will be monitoring her nightmares. But, for some reason, the workers thought it would be funny to put me in tonight's nightmare. Haha.

You shivered in disgust as you waded through the shallow, blood red water. In your right hand, a thin, wooden flute with butterflies on it was tightly held, while a book and pen was held in your left. Today was your first day on the job as a dream monitor, and you were scared senseless.

Why? Because, for whatever reason, you've been sent into one of Lim Juhyun's nightmares.

As you're not a nightmare monitor like Yujin, you have no idea what to do or how to get out. Plus, you've only just been assigned to Juhyun, you don't know what kind of nightmares the girl has-Although, judging by the bloody water you're walking through, you assume that they aren't good.

How could they possibly have thought it was a good idea to send you into her nightmares? All you could do in the unfamiliar environment was cross your fingers and hope for the best. The best being Yujin appearing any minute.

"Hi."

You turned around at the speed of light, only to come face to face with a little girl, sparkling doe eyes looking up at you. You stilled in your spot, slowly inching away from the girl, and towards a red tree that wasn't too far from you.

Where was Yujin when you needed her?

"Where are you going, miss? You don't want to play with me? But I've been lonely for so long. Let's play tonight."

The little girl's words only sent you into an even more panicked state as you turned around and ran.

Dream Log, entry #1, 11/05/2022
Why did those bastards put me in her nightmare, and why the heck are her nightmares so scary?! It's my first day and here I am, stuck in a hellish nightmare, all alone. Well, I'm not alone, I've actually got this really creepy girl chasing me right now... Fun. I just hope that future monitoring won't be like this. Please, please, please. If this is because I ate Stella-sunbaenim's choco bar, that's just petty! ㅠㅠ

You looked over your shoulder, confirming what you already knew to be true: the little girl was hot on your trail.

As you ran past a red tree, you were suddenly pulled by the waist. You fell into the arms of another woman. You practically jumped out of your skin when you were grabbed, but didn't say a word as she held her finger up to your lips, signaling you to stay quiet. You both watched as the little girl ran right past you.

I forgot. Nightmare monitors can make themselves, people, and objects they touch invisible. Thank God.

As soon as the little girl was out of sight, you let out a breath of relief, leaning into Yujin's figure. She remained silent, running her fingers through your hair to calm you down.

"Y-You couldn't have come earlier?" You joked.

Yujin smiled down at you, a teasing glint in her eyes. "I had another nightmare to monitor, my love, and I didn't exactly think you'd enter a nightmare without me."

Your eyes widened. Those assholes didn't tell her?!

"Wait- Wait, wait, wait! You don't think I asked to enter, do you?" You asked, bewildered.

You pouted, while Yujin raised an eyebrow, confused.

"You didn't? That's what the others told me. Did something happen that I should know about?" The stern look on Yujin's face was enough to make you weak in the knees. You really couldn't not tell the truth with Yujin looking at him like that.

So, you took a deep breath and averted your eyes away from your girlfriend.

"Well... I-I mean, it's no big deal, I'm sure Leo didn't, uhm- Mean anything by it... Haha. S-Silly guy, right?"

If you could describe the look in Yujin's eyes with one word, it would be menacing. As soon as the confession left your lips, you knew your coworker was in for it.

"What- What the hell? He sent you in here as a joke? He knows damn well that you're not a nightmare monitor and that you're not equipped to be in a nightmare by yourself- You could've died, Y/N! Holy shit, I'm going to-"

"Yah!" You pouted, wrapping your arms around her waist. You leaned your head against her chest, listening to her heartbeat. "Just calm down, babe. If it happens again, you'll be the first to know, yeah?" You chirped.

She only nodded, closing her eyes in frustration. When she opened them, they met yours. "You're not hurt anywhere, are you?" She asked.

You lowered your head, shaking it. When you looked back up, your eyes were glossed over with tears. It broke Yujin's heart, knowing how scared you probably were in such an unfamiliar and scary environment. She remembers feeling the same way when she accidentally walked into an overly happy dream.

"I- I-I really thought I was gonna die, Yujinnie..."

"No, no, no, no, no. Hey, listen to me." Yujin cupped your cheeks making sure that you were looking into her eyes and listening. "It's okay. I would never let that happen to you. Look, as soon as we get out, we'll go home and we'll cuddle to your heart's content. How does that sound?"

You smiled at that, pulling her into a sweet kiss. "I like the sound of that."

"Good. Now, let's get out of here before that girl comes back."

"Yeah-" You were cut off by a childish voice.

"Hi."

"Dammit!"