nayeon › it's okay, i love you

*this imagine is wholly inspired by a danielle imagine (called "break my heart") from hooniezzz's newjeans imagines book

***

"I want to break up."

You stared at Nayeon, bewildered. Her statement came out of nowhere. The two of you were simply lying on the couch, watching a drama, when she said it.

You've been with Nayeon for a little over a year now. The both of you were head over heels for each other, and you would do anything for her. You've always done everything together; laughed together, cried together, and loved together.

And she's the type of person who would sit you down and talk with you about something such as a break up, not just state it out of the blue and then immediately get up to start packing like she is right now.

You quickly followed after her to your bedroom upstairs. You stood behind her, a frantic look on your face. Hers was stoic, but you could see the turmoil in the depths of her eyes-although it seemed that even that wasn't going to stop her. She was determined.

"Babe- Babe, why are you saying this all of a sudden?" You asked. You bit down on your bottom lip, trying hard not to cry.

She turned to face you, a pained expression painting her features. "I'm sorry, Y/N, I really am. Trust me. But, I just... I don't love you like I used to, you know? I still have love for you, but... it's not the type that you want from me," she explained.

You sucked in a sharp breath. So that was the reason. You suppose that that's easy to digest. You can't control her feelings. Although you're extremely upset right now, you'll always think about her feelings before your own. If she doesn't love you the same way anymore, you have to accept it. There's no changing reality.

You nodded slowly, before allowing your head to drop. Tears rolled down your cheeks leisurely, like raindrops on a window. You felt your heart ache, but nothing can be done about it.

You began to cry more when you felt arms wrap around your waist. She pulled you in close. You rested your head on her chest and sighed shakily.

When she pulled away a few moments later, you nearly panicked. A part of you accepted that she was leaving you, but a part of you still couldn't believe it.

"Nayeon," you whispered.

She looked into your eyes and frowned. She hates to see you cry. "Yes?"

"Can I..." you trailed off, unsure. But then, you shook your head. You'll never get this opportunity again. "Can I get one last kiss?" You asked timidly.

Her frown instantly turned into a faint smile, and her eyes held sympathy in them.

"I... suppose it wouldn't hurt," she murmured.

She placed her hands on your waist and pulled you in. In a split second, you felt lips on yours. You instantly felt yourself getting lost in the kiss, and, admittedly, so was she. She moved her lips fervently against yours as she held you impossibly close. Her thumbs gently stroked your sides. You wrapped your arms around her neck. A tear rolled down your cheek.

The kiss lasted for longer than you expected it to, but when she pulled away, you could only wish that it lasted longer. Her hands lingered on your waist as she pecked your lips a few times before fully pulling away. She pressed one last kiss to your forehead, and then allowed her hands to drop.

The two of you stared into each other's eyes for a few moments. But then she broke eye contact and wordlessly grabbed her bags and walked out of the bedroom.

You solemnly followed her to the front door.

Before walking out and leaving for good, she looked over her shoulder and offered you a small smile.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N," she said softly. "I know that those simple words won't make it any better, but just know that I am sorry."

You mustered up a small smile of your own. "It's okay. I love you."

"I love you too."

And then she was gone.

***

A/N : again, this was inspired by an imagine that i read in hooniezzz's newjeans imagines book.