kim chaewon › i'll always run to you

The front door creaked open slowly as Chaewon stepped inside the home, slowly shutting the door as quietly as she could when she noticed the quiet atmosphere enveloping the household.

She had just gotten home after a long day of dance practice, a couple of meetings, and things of the sort, and she was entirely hoping to immediately be able to relax and run a nice, warm bath for herself to aid in destressing from the day. But she put her hopes on the back burner as soon as she headed into the living room.

At first, when she peeked her head in and saw you lying on the couch with a blanket pulled up to your chin, she thought nothing of it and simply flashed your sleeping figure a soft smile. However, she walked further in so that she could plant a kiss on your forehead, but stopped in her tracks when she noticed something. That was when the air around her shifted.

She noticed discoloration around your left eye, dark enough that she could see it even in the dark house. She hurried to turn on a nearby lamp, before scurrying back to you. She dropped to her knees and leaned over you, noting that, besides the bruise around your eye, your face was stained with tears, your left cheek was bright red and swollen, and your lip was busted. Her eyes widened significantly.

When did this happen? This clearly happened some time ago, seeing as she's all cleaned up… Chaewon thought to herself.

She reached out and placed a hand on your forehead, her cold skin contrasting against your warm skin.

"Y/N. Jagi, wake up." She said beside your ear.

She watched you stir in your sleep for a few moments, until, eventually, you woke up. Your eyes darted around the room frantically, before they landed on Chaewon.

"Chae…" You muttered. You wanted to move, to pull her into a tight hug and listen to her tell you everything's going to be okay, but you couldn't. All you could do was cry.

Chaewon's eyes widened. "No, no, no, baby, calm down. It's alright." Chaewon soothed, stroking your hair.

"Can you move?" She questioned. You shook your head. She sucked in a sharp breath and shuffled closer to you.

You looked at her with tears in your eyes. "Chae, it hurts." you whimpered.

Tears brimmed her eyes. Looking at you while you were in this state really broke her heart. Throughout the two, nearly three years that the two of you have been together, she's never seen you in this kind of pain. It was awful.

What made her feel worse was that today was supposed to be her off-day to spend with you, but she had promised that she would help Eunchae with a dance move, and she also wanted to work on a new song that's been in the making for a while now. She had the option to stay home with you today, and she didn't take it. She feels guilty that you ended up like this, and she feels like, had she stayed home with you, maybe you wouldn't be lying here in pain so bad that you can't even move.

"Babe, can you tell me what happened, please?" Chaewon was trying to keep her voice calm, but the tremble was noticeable.

You turned your head to face her, grunting quietly due to the stiffness in your neck. "S-Some guys. I went- went to the convenience store an-and as soon as I walked out, I- I was attacked from behind. I think- I think they were FEARNOTs and they recognized me. Chae…" you trailed off as you looked back up at the ceiling, tears streaming down the side of your face. "I was so scared." You whispered.

Chaewon's heart broke even further, which she didn't think was possible. She doesn't know what hurt more; the bruises littering your soft skin and the tears staining your cheeks, or the pain and fear that she could hear in your voice with every word you spoke to her. Or maybe the guilt of not being there when it happened, not being able to have prevented it. And she hated that it was her own fans that had done this.

She didn't say anything in response. Instead, she stood up, muttering a wait one second, before hurrying down the hall and opening the door to your shared bedroom. She came back to the living room and crouched down beside you once more.

"Okay, baby girl. Here's what we're going to do. I'm assuming that you already got yourself all cleaned up, yes?" Chaewon questioned.

You nodded. "Yes, but I didn't do it. Sakura did." You stated.

Chaewon raised an eyebrow, looking at you incredulously. "Wait- Wait. Did you… Did you call Kkura-unnie instead of me?"

You felt bad when you heard the hurt in her voice. "It's not like that, Chae. It's just… I-I knew that you were working on something important today, so I didn't want to take you away from that just for this. And you mentioned that you all had today off, so I called the second person I could think of." You explained.

Chaewon sighed, pushing away any negative thoughts. "Okay. That's okay. I completely understand why you did that, baby, but for future situations like these, which I hope never happen, please… call me. It doesn't matter what I'm doing at the moment, or who I'm with. I could be in the middle of a meeting with the president, and if you called, if you need me, my love, I would be there as soon as I could. I would drop anything for you, I want you to know that. I promise you. Do you understand?"

You nodded, sniffling as you felt fresh tears once again make themselves known. Chaewon reached over and wiped them, a soft, although noticeably pained, smile on her face.

"Good." She mumbled. "Now, back to the plan." She went on to caress your cheek. "I'm going to take you back to our room, and then I'll put on your favorite movie and we'll cuddle. I promise you, I'll take good care of you tonight, don't worry." She reassured.

You offered her a small smile. "Lean down, please." You asked quietly. She leaned down so that her face was a few inches from yours, a wide smile playing on her features. You lifted your head up a little bit and pecked her lips, then letting your head drop back down, satisfied.

"I love you, baby, and I'll always come running to you whenever you need me."

***

QOTD: TWICE or Stray Kids (discography only) ?
AOTD: TWICE 100% 🥺💕 but I still love Stray Kids' discography, that shit slaps