hong eunchae › meanie! (pt. two)

TRIGGER WARNING:
[ deteriorating health and bullying ]

**

TWO YEARS LATER‧

Your alarm clock went off for the third time that morning, but you didn't bother to get up for a while. You just lied there in your bed, eyes wide open and staring at the ceiling. You grew tired of waking up every morning, doing the same thing over and over again for nearly two years.

Wake up, think about Eunchae, get ready, go to school, get bullied, then come home and cry.

You absolutely hated your life. It's as if ever since Eunchae left, your life had taken a downward spiral. All the way down.

You started eating less-as regret started eating you up more and more-you barely got any sleep, you always looked like a mess, you were visibly paler and smaller, more anxious than you used to be, your grades were dropping, and you've grown physically and mentally weaker. Over the course of the last year, you've been hospitalized on a few occasions, due to the concern of the girls, who, even after what went down, have stayed by your side. It's as if the old you had simply vanished from existence. You felt that your life had no meaning anymore, and you don't know why the leave affected you this much.

With a tired sigh, you got out of your bed, got dressed, and lastly, walked out the door, skipping breakfast.

It didn't take you long before you reached your high school, seeing as you lived very close to it. You were now a senior, along with Leeseo, Liz, Chaewon, Kazuha, and Yunjin. Sakura has already graduated and is taking a gap year before going off to college, saying that she wanted to take care of all of you until you're all graduated.

While walking through the school's student parking lot, you noticed a bunch of students crowded around what you could only make out as a sleek, black car. You couldn't identify the person it belonged to, so you ignored it, deciding that, if it was a new student, you would most likely see them later anyway.

After going to your locker and setting your stuff down in homeroom, it was only ten minutes past eight, and you didn't have to actually be seated and present in homeroom until eight-thirty, so you decided to walk around the halls as you usually do to pass time. You hadn't made it very far down the hall before you took notice of the group of boys headed straight for you.

They looked as if they were going to beat someone's ass, and unfortunately, that someone was you.

Ever since Eunchae's leave, your reputation also took a big hit (pun intended). Plummeted all the way down to hell, essentially. Once known for never losing a fight, never backing down or taking shit from anybody, and putting assholes in their place, you were now just somebody those very same assholes could push around. And so the school fell into chaos. Without the old you there to stop the bullying and take care of things like such, the student body fell back into the way it was before you got there.

You mentally sighed, your head slightly dipping down as you looked at them blankly.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the school's reject, L/N Y/N! Did you enjoy the beatdown we gave you yesterday?" Sungheun snickered, his crew high-fiving him and laughing along with him.

Kim Sungheun, same grade and age as you, except he's a few days older. He's also the leader of a small crew that brings absolute despair into your school life.

Sungheun stopped laughing and scowled when he saw that you weren't reacting-like usual-and instead were staring down at your feet, biting back a snarky remark. One that you knew would get you beat to hell and back.