hong eunchae › paparazzi

"Ready to go?" Eunchae asked. You nodded and laced your fingers with hers as the two of you stood from your table.

You were on a date with her for the first time in a while after not seeing each other in two weeks. This was caused by the fact that her schedule has been tightly packed due to her group's upcoming comeback, and you've been cramming for your upcoming exams. You're both still young, but even given your obstacles, you still try your hardest to spend time with each other as much as possible. If you're not with her, you're most likely texting her or on the phone with her all the time.

Eunchae was sweet enough to take you out for lunch today. The café you went to wasn't too crowded, and so far, not even a single person has asked for photos with Eunchae. You had spent the last hour simply enjoying your time together.

As the two of you made your way to the door to exit the establishment, that's when you heard it. Shutters and shouts. And then you saw it. Paparazzi standing outside of the café with cameras and microphones, buzzing with excitement. The sight made your skin crawl, and Eunchae's grip on your hand tightened.

She looked over at you. "I know it's scary, but you've got this. Just stay by my side, I won't let them hurt you." She muttered. You nodded timidly.

And then she led you to the door. She soothingly stroked the back of your hand with her thumb as the two of you exited the café. Two workers came up to try as best as they could to block the reports and fans from getting to you, but it was to no avail.

Being the non-celebrity girlfriend of a member of a famous and adored girl group with a dedicated fanbase came with many pros, and unfortunately, also many cons. This was one of them. Some people dislike you for obvious reasons.

You stepped closer to Eunchae when a hand reached out to you, but you were still grabbed and yanked away from the other, eliciting a yelp of surprise. You cried out in pain when you were slapped in the head by a heavy hand and your hair was tugged.

But almost as soon as it happened, you were tugged back into the protective embrace of Eunchae, who was now glaring at everyone surrounding you. You kept your head down and buried into her shoulder, your arms weakly wrapped around her waist as she spoke.

"Okay, that is it. I know that some of you love Y/N and I, and I know that for some, it's the opposite. But please, for the love of Pete, just stop. This physical aggression is absolutely inappropriate and awful behavior. We are perfectly fine with you leaving hate comments on our social medias, but as soon as it gets physical, that's when you are crossing the line. Our relationship is not harming you, and if your disdain for us goes so far that you feel the need to hurt me, my girlfriend, or any of my members-or literally anyone else-then you need to get your shit fixed."

After that, she huffed and, while the paparazzi was in shock, swiftly walked away with her arm securely wrapped around you.

You exhaled deeply, albeit shakily, when you were in the safety of the van you came in. As the driver took off back to the dorms, Eunchae turned to you and pulled you closer, brushing her hand across your forehead before placing a soft kiss to where her fingers once touched.

"Are you okay, Y/N?" She asked. Her eyes held concern in them.

You nodded slowly. "I'm fine. Just a headache and inflamed skin." You muttered.

Eunchae pursed her lips, tears brimming her eyes as she looked into your own. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that this happened. If I had known, I wouldn't have taken you out, and then you wouldn't have gotten h-"

You cut her off by placing a finger over her lips, silencing her. You carefully rested your forehead against hers and closed your eyes.

"It's okay, Eun, let's just go back to the dorms and rest, okay?" You suggested.

She took your hands into her own and rubbed the back of yours with her thumb, before pecking your lips. "Okay."

***

QOTD: Coke or Pepsi?
AOTD: Coke !! But I do like Pepsi ^______^