huh yunjin › three am conversations

A/N: look forward to a miniseries (w/Eunchae) !! Also, I've decided I'm just gonna change the cover to this book every month or two, is that fine or no ?

***

This is the HUH YUNJIN version of an imagine from another one of my books.

***

You yawned quietly as you stirred awake. You felt your heart speed up when you looked to the side and saw Yunjin sleeping soundly, arms wrapped tightly around your waist.

It's been almost two years since you've been with her, and here you are, still getting the same butterflies that you felt when you first met her. Except, this time, they're a different kind of butterflies (at least, in your own opinion). They're the kind where you constantly feel lucky to have her in your life, and you make sure to let her know that often. They're the kind that remind you just how much you look forward to every moment you'll get to spend with her tomorrow, overmorrow, and the day after that. And you can't get enough of the feeling.

You had to stifle your giggles when you heard her snoring. It was honestly adorable.

After a few moments of watching her with a fond gaze, you turned your head to look straight ahead, and carefully sat up. Your attempt to move, however, accidentally woke the younger up, because she shifted from beside you, and you watched as she rubbed her eyes with a balled fist.

"Hey, babe," she called out. Her voice was thick with exhaustion, making you feel bad for waking her.

You wore an apologetic smile as you flattened your palm against her cheek, caressing the soft skin. "Sorry, lovely. I didn't mean to wake you, go back to sleep."

Instead, Yunjin did the opposite. She leisurely sat up and leaned back against the headboard, before looking over at you with a lazy smile.

"Wanna talk?" She asked quietly.

You grinned and nodded, then leaned against her. You placed your hand on her abdomen, and she wrapped an arm around your shoulders, pulling you closer to her. She then laid her head atop yours, pressing a gentle kiss against your hair.

"Did you know that Yoobin finally broke up with Jaehyun?" You asked. Yoobin is a coworker of yours and a close friend to you and Yunjin. You and Yoobin work together at a shop in the mall.

Yunjin raised her eyebrows in shock, but there was obvious delight in her timbre when she spoke. "What, really? Finally. Jeez."

You nodded in agreement, but then followed up with a huff. "Yeah, but it was very messy, and very public. I would tell you, but I think you'd be pissed at Jaehyun." As soon as those words slipped out, you immediately shut your mouth, regret surging through your veins.

Shit, now she's going to be more curious about it. Way to fucking go, idiot. You closed your eyes and internally scolded yourself.

"Wait, huh? Why would I be mad? Did he hurt Yoobin or something? Wait, no, no, no- Hold on- He didn't do something to you, did he?" It felt as if Yunjin was firing a hundred different questions at you, and you couldn't help but bite your bottom lip and remain silent.

After a few beats of silence, Yunjin pulled away from you to look you in the eyes with a hardened expression tattooed across her face.

"Y/N, baby girl, tell me what he did. Please." Her voice was blunt, but you could practically feel the anger bubbling up in her with every passing second, knowing that she was unfortunately right.

Truth be told, you had actually forgotten about getting hurt, since it happened a week ago (both you and Yoobin forgot to tell Yunjin about the breakup as soon as it happened), but then you had to go and bring it up, and then you just had to allude to Jaehyun hurting you. Great.

"Well..." You cautiously looked into her sharp eyes. Usually they look so kind, big and round and innocent, but now, they seem rather intimidating. She definitely didn't look so exhausted anymore. "Almost a week ago, Yoobin, uhm, decided to abruptly break things off with Jaehyun after he stormed into the shop and accused her of sleeping with one of our coworkers, Donggeun, which was completely false." You began recalling the events, feeling your stomach churning at just the thought.

Yunjin kept quiet, simply staring at you intensely, so you continued. "Things got heated, to put it bluntly. Jaehyun started to throw things around, and then eventually started throwing things at Yoobin."

Just at that statement, Yunjin's nostrils flared, and you can understand why. The both of you care deeply for Yoobin. Yunjin exhaled deeply, and then gestured for you to continue, although she dreaded the words you were going to say.

"When I saw him pick up a candle in a heavy glass jar, I- I-I couldn't just stand there and not do anything, so I acted impulsively. I, uh... I put myself in front of Yoobin and got hit in the hip."

Yunjin's eyes widened. "What the fuck?! And you didn't think to tell me about this?" She questioned. The amount of anger in her voice honestly had you a little surprised.

Without saying another word, she lifted the covers, and her hands immediately found themselves tugging down the waistband of the shorts you were wearing. You frowned, knowing what she was doing.

She pulled your shorts down, revealing a massive bruise painting your hip in an ugly, unpleasant shade of a deep purple, seemingly black in some places.

"Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck, I'm going to kill that son of a bitch." She exhaled deeply once again to calm herself down, before leaning down to kiss your bruised skin. When she came back up, she looked into your eyes with an upset glint in the depth of her own.

"Baby, I always hold you by the hips, and a bruise like that has got to hurt. How come you didn't say anything?"

You pouted. "Well, I- I don't know. I didn't want you to worry about me." You looked down.

"Baby girl," Yunjin hooked a finger under your jaw and lifted your head back up to look at her. "It's my job to worry for you. It comes with loving you, baby. If someone hurts you, they have to deal with me. If someone hurts me, they have to deal with you. You know?" You nodded. "Being in love with each other includes taking care of one another, and if something or someone hurts you, I will take care of it if I need to, yeah?"

Again, you nodded. "I know. Thank you. I promise I'll tell you right away if something like this happens again."

She smiled and leaned closer. "Good. I love you, my beautiful, beautiful girl." She whispered, resting a hand on the curve of your waist and pecking your lips.

"I love you too."

"Oh, and I was serious about killing Jaehyun. I've already got it planned out."

"Huh Yunjin!"

"Ow! Kidding! Kidding!"

***

QOTD: How would you describe your fashion/style?
AOTD: Honestly..... Idk. I think I would say pretty laid back, sometimes a darker wardrobe, sometimes a light and happy wardrobe, I don't know how to describe it. Versatile, perhaps?