lily › sick

A/N: someone requested a romantic LILY imagine, but idk if this is romantic enough so I'm gonna make another one, but I still wanted to post this one.

You groaned as you coughed for what felt like the millionth time today. You woke up with a high fever, and to say you feel like shit would be an understatement, honestly.

To make matters worse, Lily was standing in the middle of the living room, hand on her hip and her eyebrows furrowed in anger. You were standing before her, head hung and eyes lidded as beads of sweat cascaded down your hot skin. But you tried to ignore it and pay attention to Lily, who seemed angry.

"Y/N," she called out.

You hummed, letting her know you were listening.

"Be honest with me, did you eat the food in the yellow container?" Lily asked. You felt bad when you heard the upset in her voice. You already knew where this was going, and once you pieced it together, you felt incredibly terrible.

You nodded, albeit hesitantly. "I-I did," you muttered. Your voice came out meek. "But- But I promise I didn't know it was yours. Looking back on it, I actually didn't know where it came from and should've asked, but at that time, I was just so hungry after getting off of work, and wasn't paying attention to anything else. I'm sorry." You placed a hand over your stomach when you felt it twist and churn. Your stomach hurt badly, and your head was aching like it never has before. The medicine you took earlier was of no help.

Lily simply scoffed, and there were tears in her eyes. "Dammit, Y/N! My mother had made that food for me! You know I haven't been able to see her that often, and she left that for me when she came over, and I was so looking forward to eating that when I got home from work!" She raised her voice, which admittedly frightened you.

You lowered your head. "I'm sorry... I'm..." your words trailed off as you slowly dropped to your knees. The room was spinning and it felt as though it was getting smaller somehow. Your head dropped into your hands.

Lily was immediately alarmed and rushed to your side. "Woah, what's wrong? Is it what I said? I'm sorry for the way I said it, I'm just really upset about it," she apologized.

You shook your head. "No, baby, it's not that. I-I don't feel good."

Lily frowned at your words and wrapped her arms around you to help you stand up. Much to your surprise, she suddenly picked you up. You were quick to wrap your arms and legs around her as she started making her way to your shared bedroom.

When she reached it, she went inside and then sat you down on the bed. She ushered you to lie down, so you listened and got under the covers.

As soon as you were tucked in, she crouched down beside you.

She brushed some of your hair from your face and looked you in the eyes. "I'm so sorry for raising my voice at you. Regardless if you were sick, it wasn't nice of me. I was just really upset and tired after coming home from the studio. I'm not actually mad that you ate the food. You didn't know, and now I feel so bad," she muttered.

You shook your head. "It's fine. Next time, I'll be careful of who's food I eat." Your statement was followed by a weak laugh, which only served to remind Lily that you were sick.

"I'm going to go and grab you some medicine, okay, my love?" She caressed your cheek as she spoke.

You nodded in response.

With that, she turned around. Before leaving, however, she grabbed the small trash can by the door and brought it to your bedside for you.

You looked up and smiled softly at her, to which she did the same, and the both if you stared at each other with loving gazes

"Thank you, Lily."

"Anytime, baby."

***

QOTD: who is your ult girl group bias ?
AOTD: liz from ive 🐱💞

A/N: also heeeeelp me !! i'm currently writing neaera and i need some idea for a scene i wanna add, so if you'd be kind enough, can you comment some sort of fun activity or idea ? and lemme know if you want me to put a dramatic twist on it hahaaaa